Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
they never really were, you had to know the sizes of what to buy and buy them in bulk

only a few people know the part numbers for the individual studs that are the correct size which is why they are quite expensive

supersix and morana have them listed on their sites but they are not cheap

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
would it be possible to use supercoupe arp head studs on a regular 3.8 block ?
I don't believe so, pre 96 blocks must have a different thread or something as they use a different stud.

Really your only option is to buy from ssx or morana. Unless you get lucky like I did and find someone selling a set they never used for $100

:lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I don't believe so, pre 96 blocks must have a different thread or something as they use a different stud.

Really your only option is to buy from ssx or morana. Unless you get lucky like I did and find someone selling a set they never used for $100

:lol

this damn v6 is getting expensive lol

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
this damn v6 is getting expensive lol
You don't have to tell me lol. For what I have in my car I could be driving a paid off terminator right now. But I'm sure it would have been hard if not impossible to get financing for a cobra at 16 when I started spending on the mustang.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
You don't have to tell me lol. For what I have in my car I could be driving a paid off terminator right now. But I'm sure it would have been hard if not impossible to get financing for a cobra at 16 when I started spending on the mustang.

I'm honestly not in mine too much yet... but I've been wondering if building the sixxer is any cheaper than just dropping a v8 in it for the power range i want (450-500 ish)

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
For the cash and time I have in my motor I could have built or bought a nice 5.0 h.o. motor at least... but v8s w bolt ons are everywhere...sixxers like ours are few and far between guys... To each his own but I love my six because its different...

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I'm honestly not in mine too much yet... but I've been wondering if building the sixxer is any cheaper than just dropping a v8 in it for the power range i want (450-500 ish)
I have bought pretty much every part nessesary to put down aprox 400 to the wheels. I haven't picked it up all yet from various places.

If only my clutch hadnt taken a **** on me I would be closer. But now since it went I might aswell put in a tko to handle the power better than the stock t5.

I have also done a lot of appearance stuff that's totally not nessesary.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I have bought pretty much every part nessesary to put down aprox 400 to the wheels. I haven't picked it up all yet from various places.

If only my clutch hadnt taken a **** on me I would be closer. But now since it went I might aswell put in a tko to handle the power better than the stock t5.

I have also done a lot of appearance stuff that's totally not nessesary.

I've been thinking of getting an astro t5 cuz everyone keeps telling me the tko's won't shift

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I've been thinking of getting an astro t5 cuz everyone keeps telling me the tko's won't shift
mmr suposedly has their modified tko "750' which fixes the 3-4 shift issues

and its pretty reasonably priced

shipping will be killer though

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
hmm idk. I plan on blowing mine up first lol
i already blew up the stock clutch so i dont want to buy a good clutch for the t5, thinking of just going tko this winter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts