Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off today and no extra job to work so ask away.

A bit of background, I've been a Texas LEO for nearly 3yrs. Worked as a jail deputy, patrol deputy, and now I work for a university police Dept.

Pic for proof.

m

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
what made you decide to become a cop/pursue a career in law enforcement?

·
It's not easy being green!
4,893 Posts
Nice. I'm in the Academy now. I'm degree seeking and hoping to get hired in the Academy! Do you get a lot of dumb college kids you deal with :lol we have 5 university PD cops at the Academy haha

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What was your craziest pursuit?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I was traveling down a 2 lane highway about to crest a hill on routine patrol. I the hill to see a SUV in my lane fixing to hit me head on. I hit the shoulder and whipped around running lights and siren. Chased him for a couple of miles and he wrecked out taking turn on another street too fast at around 30mph. I jerked him out of the truck and he was drunk as hell. I was pissed beyond belief because he nearly killed me but glad I was able to get him off the road.

Nice. I'm in the Academy now. I'm degree seeking and hoping to get hired in the Academy! Do you get a lot of dumb college kids you deal with :lol we have 5 university PD cops at the Academy haha
Congrats on becoming a LEO, it's definitely not for everyone. Honestly, I get asked more stupid questions while trying to take a lunch break by the general public.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
on the topic of trying to get out of tickets, what's your opinion on civilians with thin blue line bumper stickers? i always imagine that's why people have them lol

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to see some fellow LEO's on here. Definately a fun job but not for everybody.
Thanks brother!

on the topic of trying to get out of tickets, what's your opinion on civilians with thin blue line bumper stickers? i always imagine that's why people have them lol
With all the "cop hate" going on ta a good way get your car keyed. I don't write tickets to first responders or anyone with a valid license to carry a handgun as I still have one myself.

I don't even have a thin blue line sticker.
I see people with Glock stickers on their vehicles, that tells a criminal that there is a firearm inside. Be careful what you advertise.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

What's the price to pay for big smokey burnouts
Excessive acceleration. I think it's a $200 ticket here.

·
MM's V6 Hater
13,422 Posts
I got a ticket for Doing a rolling burnout. Cop said it was a 'straight to jail' offense. It was a $30 ticket iirc. For reckless driving.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
If you do things smart like burn outs, quick on ramp pulls etc you should never get caught. Multiple burn outs in the same area, 100+ mph sustained run, and generally driving like a moron, you will get locked up or paperwork. Bring it to the track and keep it tame on the streets and keep your license.

I do some on ramp pulls, line lock burn outs, hole shots, and I have never even seen a cop while doing them. I don't hang around and test my luck though. It looks bad for me and cops will write other cops around here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When you run somebodies license on your computer, does it show you the same picture and information as on the license in case it is a fake? Do you scan the bar code on the license or key it in by the license # or by the persons name. How far back does tickets issued by a cop show up on your computer, since I always wondered whether he judged you by your past driving record.

I got caught doing 70 in a 45 on a back road right before the speed limit turns to 55 a week before Christmas in my company car last year and a cop wrote me a ticket. I explained to him I know I was speeding and apologized and I told him, I have never been in a wreck that was my fault in my 20 years of driving and I know I was speeding, but that doesn't make me a bad driver. He took the ticket back and canceled it and gave me a warning. I just wanted to know he could have verified what I said about never being in a wreck that was my fault on his computer and if that played any part in him changing the ticket to a warning. I think he changed it to a warning since I told him I could lose my job and it was almost Christmas. Thanks

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Excessive acceleration. I think it's a $200 ticket here.
What defines excessive acceleration? With speed limit there's objective evidence to define the limit. So what's the limit for excessive acceleration?

If you do things smart like burn outs, quick on ramp pulls etc you should never get caught.
Funny you mention on ramps as I was looking for a place to datalog my SHO and decided I would drive down the interstate to an exit (looking for cops) and then get back on with a pull going the opposite direction. I figured it was the safest location as the section of interstate is rarely used (it was just constructed and literally just ends because the connecting section isn't finished) and going 90 in a 70 area isn't as bad as doing 90 in a 45. :grin2:

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
what's the best way to get out of speeding tickets without doing anything gay

1 - 20 of 158 Posts