Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 158 Posts

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Aright, I'll ask it.

Say you catch a couple guys way out on the interstate, just them two or three, and they are racing. Nobody else around besides them. What would you guys do?

Or if it were one person out far with nobody around just testing or having fun.

If I wanted I could tow all the vehicles and take all 3 to jail. Keep the racing at the track then you don't have to worry about the red and blue lights in your rearview mirror.

·
7,918 Posts
That's good. I do not run a front plate on my car, though we are supposed to, but I really do not feel like drilling into my bumper and putting a plate on it. I kinda feel it is unnecessary anyways; I see no point in having it on the front as you can't read what they say when they're coming at you. Also, if you're pulling someone over/being pulled over, the cop is always behind the car.

For the both of you: What about window tint?
Huh? You can easily read a plate when the car is coming at you. No front plate is something I enforce often. If you don't want to drill holes, get a mounting bracket. I want to be able to run plates whenever I need and sometimes I might only be able to see the front.

I've never written somebody for tint, but I use it often to stop cars.

How picky are you guys on license plate lights. I have one thats out on both my car and truck but always forget to change them. I also believe my dad has both out on his. I just feel like if you needed to read it, your headlights should do the job fine.
I rarely enforce plate lamps. They are very hard to see if they are completely out, and they need to be completely out or not visible from a certain distance in order for it to be a violation. As you said, the light doesn't help that much with reading it, I still have to get pretty close to see it regardless.

What's the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever dealt with?
So many crazy stories from the city, but one in particular that comes to mind: We got a call for an unwanted person at a hotel- a female with multiple rooms and lots of traffic in and out of them. So I thought it was prostitution, but it ended up being a crazy old lady who just inherited a lot of money. She rented out like 8 rooms for about 3 weeks, and went on crazy shopping sprees and had the rooms full of mink coats and statues and other crap. She had hired an entire staff off of craigslist...she had an assistant, a chauffeur, and something else. We helped the hotel evict her. Then we dealt with her on a daily basis for weeks at her apartment. She accused the entire department, except for me, of being corrupt, and possessed by the devil. She fired her staff, who came to us to file a complaint, to which I told them to **** off, as they were robbing her blind from the beginning. She owned 6 cars and would drive drunk all the time, and we always tried to help her out. Then we finally locked her up for writing fraudulent checks. Well, we tried to, we weren't able to process her, she went insane in the booking room and started hurting herself until we had to take her to the hospital. I'm not sure what ever happened to her, or if she was able to cleanse the city of the serpents that inhabited our souls

How about kids riding dirt bikes and quads on the trails? etc.
I only enforce that stuff when I have to. I had a group of ATV's run on me today, I could care less. When they actually stop I feel bad, I tell them how they should have just ran. I once got a large group trespassing, they were taking a break from riding, and my boss made me arrest all 16 of them.

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
I only enforce that stuff when I have to. I had a group of ATV's run on me today, I could care less. When they actually stop I feel bad, I tell them how they should have just ran. I once got a large group trespassing, they were taking a break from riding, and my boss made me arrest all 16 of them.
Damn, that's horrible. I actually had a female LEO tell me that I should of ran when I was riding my buddies supermoto before she realized it was street legal lol. At first I was like is this officer testing me? lol. Honestly hear that from a lot of guys that they should of just ran. I've done both and luckily never got in any trouble. Once was riding with both my parents and my dad got put in cuffs but only detained and once they made a friend's mom come pick us and our bikes up.

Personally, I know motocross kept my ass out of trouble and I grew up a lot from all of the lessons that came along with it. Sure I'd ride down the road or the side of the road to get to a trail, maybe less than half a mile or so, but I can bet I would of been getting into more trouble without motocross. Never left any trash, never tore up peoples yards, never raced around people's houses. ****, I remember a time we organized quite a few of the local riders to clean up a party spot out in the woods.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thoughts on radar detectors, laser jammer, and waze users?

Thoughts on HID headlights?

Road head?
Laser jammer are illegal in Texas. HIDs are also if not in the correct housing. If your lights blind me get ready to pull over.

Being a car guy, what's your take on off road mid pipes on street driven vehicles?
I don't worry about that because my car may or may not have cats.

·
7,918 Posts
Damn, that's horrible. I actually had a female LEO tell me that I should of ran when I was riding my buddies supermoto before she realized it was street legal lol. At first I was like is this officer testing me? lol. Honestly hear that from a lot of guys that they should of just ran. I've done both and luckily never got in any trouble. Once was riding with both my parents and my dad got put in cuffs but only detained and once they made a friend's mom come pick us and our bikes up.

Personally, I know motocross kept my ass out of trouble and I grew up a lot from all of the lessons that came along with it. Sure I'd ride down the road or the side of the road to get to a trail, maybe less than half a mile or so, but I can bet I would of been getting into more trouble without motocross. Never left any trash, never tore up peoples yards, never raced around people's houses. ****, I remember a time we organized quite a few of the local riders to clean up a party spot out in the woods.
lol in the city I would catch kids (grown men) riding mini bikes in midtown all day. I would make them race.

Yea people could be doing a lot worse things than riding. The problem is that people get hurt and then sue people, so now said people don't want anyone riding, which makes what would normally be a simple cruise by so someone's property, people start cutting down fences and racing like idiots. When we first moved into our house ~18 years ago, there was so much land to ride. Now its all built up, and we are limited. We have a cool power line trail though that is maintained by the power company, they recently put in new towers and had to clear it out so they could get trucks back in the woods/mountains, so now I'm able to ride some awesome trails again.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Laser jammer are illegal in Texas. HIDs are also if not in the correct housing. If your lights blind me get ready to pull over.

I don't worry about that because my car may or may not have cats.
Cops be ridin' dirty (may or may not be)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
How about ppl who leave there cars running while filling at a gas station. Does anyone actually give tickets for that

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
How about ppl who leave there cars running while filling at a gas station. Does anyone actually give tickets for that

Not me. Now if you leave your baby or small child in the car unattended I'll wait for you. If you leave a child in a hot vehicle I'm breaking your window on the DS so you have to sit in glass and may or may not arrest you for child endangerment.

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Thank you guys for you service. You guys / gals (if there are) are not given enough thanks.

You put your life on the line for others whom have no care for their own or others. So sacrifice is just...

I finished the Academy last March and looking forward to LEO eventually. Nice to see fellow Mustang'ers as LEO's.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thank you guys for you service. You guys / gals (if there are) are not given enough thanks.

You put your life on the line for others whom have no care for their own or others. So sacrifice is just...

I finished the Academy last March and looking forward to LEO eventually. Nice to see fellow Mustang'ers as LEO's.
Thanks brother. California LE? If I ever travel there I'm not exchanging my standard 15rd mags for your Commifornia 10rd mags. Come at me.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Aright, I'll ask it.

Say you catch a couple guys way out on the interstate, just them two or three, and they are racing. Nobody else around besides them. What would you guys do?

Or if it were one person out far with nobody around just testing or having fun.
Reckless Driving Tickets and be done.

Thoughts on radar detectors, laser jammer, and waze users?

Thoughts on HID headlights?

Road head?
Don't care about detectors because you hearing that thing go off means I've already got you. Also, if I knew someone had a detector and I wanted them bad, LIDAR is pretty much a guarantee and hard as hell to detect.

Jammers aren't legal in Nebraska.

Waze is annoying but where I'm at, no one uses it. I check frequently! ;)

HID's suck if they are installed wrong. I have NO problems writing that fix it ticket.

How about kids riding dirt bikes and quads on the trails? etc.
Did I receive a call about it? Nope? Don't care! ;) Generally have more important things to do. The one time I've received a call about ATV's riding around near one of the city wells, I went and told them to pack it up and they did. No problem here then!

Being a car guy, what's your take on off road mid pipes on street driven vehicles?
As with all things, be reasonable in your driving and there wont be issues. Be an asshole and make noise all the time and you'll see me light you up and write you for "Excessive Noise" (rather than the Muffler Violation... citing for the act of creating too much noise, not for removing the cats).

At the PD, our policy is to fill up cars while they are running. Haven't had an issue with other people doing it though. I turn my personal vehicle off while filling up though.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
On the subject of atvs I got pulled over and got a ticket back in highschool for riding on the road. Soon as I saw the lights I turned around to the girl who was riding on back and said were not stopping. She wasn't ok with that lol so I stopped before he realized I was gonna run. He was ticked. Started cussing and told me he could take my quad. I was very polite and he gave me a ticket and let me ride home

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Oh. And how often do people hint they'll give you sexual favors if you don't give them a ticket? And has anyone actually flat out said they'll polish your knob for no ticket? :lmao

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I guess I'm lucky with the ATV thing. In Michigan it's legal to ride ATVs on the side of the road. Regardless of whether you're headed to a trail or not. People ride their side by sides to bars all the time. It's only legal on regular roads though. Not highways. But I live in a rural area too.

61 - 80 of 158 Posts