Modded Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
How many times have you had to arrest someone who was naked?

Twice, drugs were involved. The worst is arresting a DWI as they are known to **** themselves in the back of your patrol car.
We leave ours running so we don't have to worry about it not starting when we need to get to a call. Only time I turn mine off is if I get a lunch break.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
We leave ours running so we don't have to worry about it not starting when we need to get to a call. Only time I turn mine off is if I get a lunch break.
was that policy introduced when your department switched from crown vics to chargers?

:lol

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Since you're on and my other post was posted at the same time as yours, but it's lost on the previous page, go read it lol.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
How does the fuel work? Do you just get a credit card from the department and fill up whenever you want? Is it monitored? If so, is it pretty lenient?

How are your driving habits? A cop here told me that he just leaves his crown vic in 2nd gear all day long. The speed limit here is 45mph on almost every road and with the 4 speed, 2nd gear isn't all that bad I would think. Also, how often do you go WOT?

What's the craziest driving maneuver you've had to do?

What was your weirdest/ most disturbing call?

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Oh. And how often do people hint they'll give you sexual favors if you don't give them a ticket? And has anyone actually flat out said they'll polish your knob for no ticket? :lmao.

I've had a few ask for my number. I work for a college now and those little girls go nuts over a young cop. Future badge bunnies, I stay away from them because no pussy is worth my badge, and I'm getting married next month.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
That's impressive. I used to have people ask me for my number knowing I drove a Mustang. Oh wait, no I didn't.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
That's impressive. I used to have people ask me for my number knowing I drove a Mustang. Oh wait, no I didn't.

Most girls are intimidated when I'm in uniform and will get their friends to approach me and ask if I'm single. Gotta stay away from holster sniffers.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

How does the fuel work? Do you just get a credit card from the department and fill up whenever you want? Is it monitored? If so, is it pretty lenient?

How are your driving habits? A cop here told me that he just leaves his crown vic in 2nd gear all day long. The speed limit here is 45mph on almost every road and with the 4 speed, 2nd gear isn't all that bad I would think. Also, how often do you go WOT?

What's the craziest driving maneuver you've had to do?

What was your weirdest/ most disturbing call?
We have a fuel card and have to go to one of two gas stations.

I drive my car normally unless I get an emergency call. Even then you drive to arrive. People act stupid when they see lights and siren.

I had to go uncuff a girl who was handcuffed to her bed by her boyfriend during sex and they lost the key.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
What are your guys' opinions on small amounts of marijuana, being that it's still illegal in your states?

I know up here, prior to being legalized most cops didn't really give a **** so long as you weren't driving blazed or smoking in public. Even now, you're not supposed to smoke in public but so long as you aren't being obnoxious about it they don't generally care and will just tell you to go somewhere else. More important things to worry about.

edit: Seattle PD regularly goes to Hempfest (big annual stoner festival) and passes out snacks and pamphlets saying "don't drive while stoned, if you smoke in public, we can cite you but probably won't" which is pretty cool.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
What are your guys' opinions on small amounts of marijuana, being that it's still illegal in your states?

I know up here, prior to being legalized most cops didn't really give a **** so long as you weren't driving blazed or smoking in public. Even now, you're not supposed to smoke in public but so long as you aren't being obnoxious about it they don't generally care and will just tell you to go somewhere else. More important things to worry about.

edit: Seattle PD regularly goes to Hempfest (big annual stoner festival) and passes out snacks and pamphlets saying "don't drive while stoned, if you smoke in public, we can cite you but probably won't" which is pretty cool.
With me it depends on the persons attitude. I've arrested guys for a warrant and found a dime bag while searching them. If they were cool and didn't give me any **** I dumped the dope out and stomped it in the dirt. If they gave me trouble, they caught an additional charge.

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Thanks brother. California LE? If I ever travel there I'm not exchanging my standard 15rd mags for your Commifornia 10rd mags. Come at me.
That is the goal. Going to be 'blitzkrieg' applying this week. Its been a rough change of circumstances in my life over the past two years, but now I have a foothold.

The toughest part so far is many of the times, disqualification of applicants happen before the agency can fully dissect the individual. So many times, a bullshitter can get in easily while an honest, genuine person cannot. California is tough - that's for sure.

I'm under the impression of high capacity mags here. Buddy just picked up 19 round mags for his service pistol.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Here's one I thought of today while driving for work.

Our trucks average around 19k to 22k lbs. And with my job, I often have to drive our trucks through areas not intended for them. Or more commonly they will have a "no through truck" or "no trucks over 5tons" sign. I follow my GPS and can't really plan for a detour, so how strict are you guys about large trucks in "no truck" zones and roads? I detour if I know of a route but often I can't.

Only time I listen to those signs is if it's a weight limit sign lol

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
I dumped the dope out and stomped it in the dirt.
I'm crying. What a horrible way to dispose of cannabis. But it was probably that crappy Mexican brick pack **** you find in Texas, probably don't get the killer buds too much.

·
7,918 Posts
Here's one I thought of today while driving for work.

Our trucks average around 19k to 22k lbs. And with my job, I often have to drive our trucks through areas not intended for them. Or more commonly they will have a "no through truck" or "no trucks over 5tons" sign. I follow my GPS and can't really plan for a detour, so how strict are you guys about large trucks in "no truck" zones and roads? I detour if I know of a route but often I can't.

Only time I listen to those signs is if it's a weight limit sign lol
Stuff like that around here is for State Police to handle. If you get sent to school for commercial vehicle stops, then you may be expected to put your training to use. I don't really stop commercial vehicles for 2 reasons, 1, I don't like to ruin people's day, 2, its a lot of work, and I don't know a lot about it...I'm still learning. If its an accident, that could be different, and most of the time they deserve all the summonses/arrests they can get.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
are there different laws that allow 18 wheelers to have their cargo searched? or do the same laws apply as if they were regular motorists? i've always wondered why there aren't more truckers carrying tons of contraband lol

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Stuff like that around here is for State Police to handle. If you get sent to school for commercial vehicle stops, then you may be expected to put your training to use. I don't really stop commercial vehicles for 2 reasons, 1, I don't like to ruin people's day, 2, its a lot of work, and I don't know a lot about it...I'm still learning. If its an accident, that could be different, and most of the time they deserve all the summonses/arrests they can get.

That's the thing about us. Ore trucks are non commercial. We do not have CDLs, and legaly from what I understand, we are treated as normal Class D vehicles.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
State troopers handle all truck tractors traffic for us. We were told to never mess with 18 wheelers.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Are y'all more lenient on people who have military stickers on their cars? I'm not in the military but I do have an Air Force sticker across my back windshield because of having family and friends in the military. I've been pulled over twice by state troopers before for doing some stupid **** that probably could've gotten my license taken away. One time the officer even got in my face and yelled at me for a good five minutes about what I did. I was very respectful both times. Both times they let me go without a warning or ticket or anything. Just to slow down and be careful. I did notice both of them looked at my Air Force sticker on the back though which is why I'm asking the question. Are y'all more lenient on people with military stickers or did I just get lucky as hell? Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Are y'all more lenient on people who have military stickers on their cars? I'm not in the military but I do have an Air Force sticker across my back windshield because of having family and friends in the military. I've been pulled over twice by state troopers before for doing some stupid **** that probably could've gotten my license taken away. One time the officer even got in my face and yelled at me for a good five minutes about what I did. I was very respectful both times. Both times they let me go without a warning or ticket or anything. Just to slow down and be careful. I did notice both of them looked at my Air Force sticker on the back though which is why I'm asking the question. Are y'all more lenient on people with military stickers or did I just get lucky as hell? Lol

Sticker doesn't mean ****. Show me a military ID and we will see.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Sticker doesn't mean ****. Show me a military ID and we will see.

That's what I was thinking too. I just have the sticker to show support. Guess I just got lucky with the troopers. There was another time where a guy was writing me a parking ticket and I came out there while he was writing it. He asked me if I was military and I told him no but he still ripped the ticket up anyways after I talked to him for a couple minutes.

81 - 100 of 158 Posts