Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as to what point should you consider a bullet proof bellhousing? Right now my car is basically stock but i plan on doing a blower or a nice heads, cam, and intake setup sometime soon if i can get a hold of some cash. Im gonna need to put a clutch in it soon and was just curious if I should try and find one so i dont got to take the trans out twice.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
wait till you need it. a blower and cams wont kill what you have now. break then buy

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was told that if it does go you can loose your feet by the brocken peices of the rotating parts. I dont beat on it much at all, never dropped the clutch on it, not even at the track so I prolly dont need one ever but i was just curious cuz I like to do things once.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
you dont "need" it. really, you dont "need" anything. but if it makes you feel better and if you want to do it then go ahead. id spend my money elsewhere, but wtf... improvements are still improvements.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I dont believer you need an sfi bell housing until you are quicker tha 10 seconds. I dont think you are going to be pushing enough rpms to have the clutch or pressure plate parts to fly through the stock bellhousing, floor, and carpet.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
you dont "need" it. really, you dont "need" anything. but if it makes you feel better and if you want to do it then go ahead. id spend my money elsewhere, but wtf... improvements are still improvements.

wow.. retarded response. yeah wait till you "need" it and have no feet. why else would you think people put those bellhousings in their cars? they're called scatter shields for a reason. i would like to know this too.. i know those 10 spline input shafts are only rated for a certain amount, and i've also heard of aluminum flywheels coming apard.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats why i was curious if i should get one cuz i like my feet a lot. my buddy told me a story of one of his buddies back in ohio, he shattered one and he got lucky his stuck in the pavement when it broke. he had a fox body with a 306 and some stuff done and his one friend started to get in to take him for a ride and asked my buddy evan if he had a drive shaft loop, he said no then he asked if he had a bullet proof bellhousing and he said no, the kid said no thanks.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
well you have a t-45 correct, well no luck with the bellhousing anyways cause they don't offer it for the t-45's. Your supposed to have one if running quicker than 11.49 which you need at least a 6 point roll bar also. With what you explained i don't think you need it anyways, i never got one and with 600rwtq i never had any problems with my input shaft that was stock 10-spline.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
the bellhousing is part of the entire transmission housing so they never made one
Dont know why they didnt try making a skatter shield for them like on an auto :dunno

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
idk it sucks when my friend told me the stories about them breaking and his buddies shooting some parts in the pavement i have always thought twice about beating it cuz i like my feet. im probably over thinking it but i guess its better to be safe than sorry.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
i have never heard of that happening to anyone, doesn't mean it doesn't happen but racing the last 7 years never heard of it happening. shafts break and it just breaks and you can't go nowhere. Now driveshafts i have heard flying thru floorboards

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i have never heard of that happening to anyone, doesn't mean it doesn't happen but racing the last 7 years never heard of it happening. shafts break and it just breaks and you can't go nowhere. Now driveshafts i have heard flying thru floorboards
Ive seen a drive shaft break ( no safety loop) at the front U-joint and dug in, raising the back of the car straight into the air

1 - 18 of 18 Posts