Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been debated several times the injector size or sizes used in our cars, 99-04 2-valves. I was told several years ago by Jerry W, then of SCT, and designer of the 4R70W and Father of the J-Mod that all 99-04's used 19# injectors. Today I had my tuner , Greg from Speedy Dyno to check the SCT tuning software. Well guess what, all generic tunes for the 99-04's are calibrated for 19# injectors. So you see no matter what color you have or how bad you want your later model car to have superior injectors , it's just not true. :no You got 19's, I got 19's, we all have 19's. :yes

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
I know it's been debated several times the injector size or sizes used in our cars, 99-04 2-valves. I was told several years ago by Jerry W, then of SCT, and designer of the 4R70W and Father of the J-Mod that all 99-04's used 19# injectors. Today I had my tuner , Greg from Speedy Dyno to check the SCT tuning software. Well guess what, all generic tunes for the 99-04's are calibrated for 19# injectors. So you see no matter what color you have or how bad you want your later model car to have superior injectors , it's just not true. :no You got 19's, I got 19's, we all have 19's. :yes
couldn't have said it better myself :D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
no sir... no 19lbers here! :no 60's!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wait.. are you talking Gt's? Cuz we all know they run stock 19lbs all the way through 2004. But what about cobras?

So what are you saying about the 24lb blues I put in?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait.. are you talking Gt's? Cuz we all know they run stock 19lbs all the way through 2004. But what about cobras?

So what are you saying about the 24lb blues I put in?
Yes, GT's, 2-valves no matter what color, pink of yellow\orange are 19#, not 21# like we see everyday on this and many other forums.:cool:
I say nothing about blue ones, I have a GT and know next to nothing about Cobras....other than they are one snake not to **** with.:eek:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok.. I thought it was common knowledge that we all had 19's.. Never heard that rumor before..

·
Registered
164 Posts
us 2v's that is.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Doesn't matter to me.. I'm runnin 24's. Now I just need to get the darn thing tuned for them...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Why's that?

If other stuff would quit going on my car I could get the money for it quicker...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Because your car doesn't know you changed the injectors and still thinks it has 19s.
Well I knew that. But I didn't think it would hurt the engine. Will it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
the mechanic at Ford said I would need to get it tuned, but didnt seem to think it was a problem for me to drive it as is...

I found this tuner for a v6, will it work on mine?
Mustang V6 Performance 94-04

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.