Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
no sir... no 19lbers here! :no 60's!
what? bake scott n me the only peeps runing 60's?

By the way i'v never heard anything but 19's from the factory

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
the mechanic at Ford said I would need to get it tuned, but didnt seem to think it was a problem for me to drive it as is...

I found this tuner for a v6, will it work on mine?
Mustang V6 Performance 94-04
I don't see why you would need bigger injectors at all with your mods. They react differently than the smaller ones and I would put the stock ones back in.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't see why you would need bigger injectors at all with your mods. They react differently than the smaller ones and I would put the stock ones back in.
Well I was lookin at possibly porting the heads at that time... but then money ran out..:sorry

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I have 60's as well

@97 black your car has to be running pretty rich without a tune for those new injectors. Not smart to run bigger or smaller injectors without a tune.

And thanks for the clarification JayC, people are debating 19 vs 21 all the time!

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Well I was lookin at possibly porting the heads at that time... but then money ran out..:sorry
still shouldnt need bigger injectors, i think the stockers are rated up to around 300-315 rwhp, when i put bigger heads, cam, and a stroker my 19's almost kept up but i went ahead and threw some 24's in them...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I have 42 but I wont be happy till I need 80's lol

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Some guy on SVTP was looking for a good place to buy 120 lb/hr injectors... :eek:

Might as well use a garden hose

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
haha no lie! I dont need that much power for the street to use 120 haha

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Everyone says 42s should be fine at my power levels but my dual cobra pumps and bap are working 100% to try and get them to spray enough.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
haha no lie! I dont need that much power for the street to use 120 haha
Ha no kidding. I dont think 120's would ever see the street except on an E85 or another alternative fuel setup. E85 requires a lot more fuel to run correctly, so you have to get some mondo injectors to run high HP E85

120's for a gasoline application have to support like 1000hp wouldn't they???

Everyone says 42s should be fine at my power levels but my dual cobra pumps and bap are working 100% to try and get them to spray enough.
Uh oh, sounds like it's time for dual GT pumps and modified/dual fpdm! Have you done the wiring upgrade? Thats usually good for 5%-10% duty cycle on the pumps

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I have the 80lbers and I'm running E85.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.