Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how do you tune a nitrous setup?

I've always pondered what a 50 shot would do for my car... and it might make life a little more um... illegal... until I can afford my charger.

What all goes into tuning for a specific nitrous shot? I know my stock injectors and pump will handle up to a 55 shot so I'm not worried about that part of it.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Yeah a 50 shot isnt much at all. 75 shot for my Pony isnt much either. I run 75 shot, stock injectors, fuel pump, no boosta pump. Switched to a colder spart plug and swapped my iridium plugs for copper. You have to make sure you opt for everything though so you can make it safe as possible. Get bottle warmer, gauges, purge, window switch ( DEFF! for a Manual car) and a great tune never hurts. lol. US Mustang guys get a chip. Take some timing out, adjust a few things and bam. You got youreself a tune for nitrous an one for N/A.

So yeah, 50 shot on youre Civic would be awesome. Just make it safe. thats all. And take it to someone who tunes civics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, there isnt really much to tuning a specific shot.
As long as you can get the fuel there too, shouldnt have a problem.

Just don't run fuel through your upper manifold (or however those fun honda's work). And you will be Cool Ethan.

Get a flip chip for street driveability.
Copper plugs, could go a step colder.

And on the plus side, your car will have something known as torque :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who's Ethan? :dunno

and what's torque? I've never felt torque... except when I peak with a 4.4 final drive at 7000 rpm. :rockon

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
YEAH!! See, im not the only person who asked you that Kyle!!!!

Who the F* is Ethan? SOmetimes you refer to him as Cool Ethan?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts