Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 mustang is running a procharger the engines long block is stock ( only bolt on items ) such as long tube headers ,typhoon upper and lower, pmas MAF, 42lb injectors and a hipo fuel pump.
I currently have the 9psi pulley on it and it was tuned with an sct chip for this setup .
it only actually gets about 7 psi from this setup. I was wanting to put the 11 psi pulley on it hoping to get about 9 psi from it. it makes 300 hp at the wheels with its current setup.:( will it handle the smaller pulley ok or would that be too much on the otherwise stock engine?:confused: and would I have to have it retuned again for the smaller pulley even though I am only looking at about 2 psi more? or could I just drop the timing a cople degrees and get away with it?
the current tune keeps the A\f at about 12.5 to 1 I have heard some say that is a little lean, but I thought it was perfectly safe.
I am going to send off my sct chip to be read so I can put that program into my tweecer chip so I can do some tuning myself.

Oh let me tell you what my final gaols are ( that may help)
I would like 350 hp at the wheels but also a little more grunt down low at say 3000rpm.
My thinking is the smaller pulley will build more boost sooner and that should help bottom end while putting me closer to my 350 hp goal also.

That plus the gt40 p's and an e303 is my winter plans.

What do you think?:yes

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I don't have a procharger but I have 11# boost and on a factory Ford long block and it is fine with the exception of occasional soft gaskets and seal issues. In theory the smaller pulley will bring on your HP and torque a little earlier but remember that it's a centrifugal SC, not well known for low end torque/HP compared to what they produce in the higher rpm's.

Maybe someone else with a procharger will speak up but I'd think that a 9psi pulley should generate 9psi considering you have stock heads. You should see less psi (but more flow) with higher flowing heads.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, I just figured they were talking 9 psi with stock everything and the headers and intake and MAF free it up a little so I only get 7 psi.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i dont know alot about procharger, but a few people at the dyno shop have said they make good power but at the wrong time, almost sounds like your case, not turning enough rpms to spin it to 9, if thats your case you could get a 13psi and turn 11psi and be fine on stock block

if your doing heads and cam, holley system max/trick flow trackheat, and custom ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts