Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my car is all but done, fixed the turbos blowin oil (was a drainage problem), ran coolant to the turbos (hope its works) and i had the 3:55's installed and took the 4:10's out. well, last winter my mechanic told me that my clutches need replaced. I asked my mechanic if when he installed the 3:55's if he went ahead and replaced the clutches. he told me that auburn rear diffs dont have clutches, its some sort of other kind of setup (he knows what it is but i dont), but that if its goin bad i have to replace the whole diff. is this correct? are they rebuildable?

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
It is true that they are different and don't have clutches, but I don't know if they are rebuildable or not.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i looked on their site, i dont see anything about being rebuildable. that sucks!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
im preety sure they arent rebuildable

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Yes they do have clutches but they are cone style clutches. You can contact Auburn and the last I checked they will rebuild it for $150.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was told when it goes out completely to replace it with a FRPP trak lok with 31 spline axles. should i do that or just rebuild the auburn?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
What are you doing with the car? I actually prefer a Detroit TruTrac.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a street car, i intend to take it to the track maybe a few times in the future.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
I would spend the money on a Detroit TruTrac.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
most def detroit trac... best out there

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet deal i'll keep that in mind when mine blows!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts