Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 2001 v6 stick i live in south florida were i hit a red light every half a mile i was thinking about putting in an auto but i dont want to lose the performance would an auto with a shift kit and a hammer shifter be as good as a stick or is there any other way to make an auto as good as a stick?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
There's going to be alot of posts in here "Auto's are for pussies a real man drives stick" Type of crap. But for good use, and comfort of driving which obviously bothers you I say auto. A auto trans with shift kit can beat a stick, incredible fast shifting, and less "clutch time" between shifts. I'd put an auto in it. Modded Auto's are nice. Hammer shifters are the **** too lol, love them.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Get an auto. Sticks are for pussies :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol wats the best shift kit for a v6 auto? and ive driven a stick all my life ive had this car for 5 years know im tired of stop and go shifting

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey i have one more question is there a diffrence between the gt auto and the v6 auto?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why is it a waste of time and money?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
If it really bothers you that much, by all means go ahead and convert it to an auto. Just be aware that it's going to take some work. I don't personally have a problem driving a stick in heavy traffic or areas with a lot of stop lights (I'm great at hitting every red light). The traffic itself annoys me more than having to work the clutch and shift all the time (good ol' 4.10s).

·
Registered
461 Posts
As a guy who has driven both sticks and autos in and out of traffic and I've been to most major cities, including Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Dallas, etc. Shifting a stick in traffic gets tiring after about 3 miles. Add traffic lights... give me an auto.

I have an auto in my pony, I love it. I'm getting ready to have a Transgo shift kit installed when I get the free time to sacrifice the Daily Driver.

Like said above it will be alot of work to get an auto installed. I'm sure there's a write up on going from an auto to a stick I'd figure its just the reverse. Good luck and let us know what you decided and how it turns out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
real men put cvt's in there cars

·
Registered
928 Posts
hahaha totally joking but there an interesting concept

1 - 20 of 24 Posts