Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the swap pretty much down i just have two questions. When doing the swap what do i do with the brake cable thing that conects to the auto shifter and dosent let it shift until my foots on the brake? and what do i do with the light that went to the PRND12?

as far as i know something with that cable has to be done so i will be able to start the car... i THINK

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are you talking about the small cable that runs toward the front of the car from the shifter? I disconnected it from the shifter and left it in the car. The light should disconnect from the harness and come out with the shifter.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yup, just disconnect it and that's it. I didn't care to see where it ran to. May try to fish it out one day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nope. I've been driving it with the manual trans for a little over 3000 miles with no problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can't give a definitive answer. The only thing to do is try to bolt it up and plug it in. You'll immediately know. The pedal swap in these cars are much easier than foxes. If you aren't planning on doing the swap for a while, you can still drive your car around with the manual pedals installed, not a big deal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Then you have plenty of time to find out:) I think I spent an hour swapping mine, with the seat in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts