Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a 87 4cyl auto mustang, im saving up to do a t5 swap but in the meantime i have tried a couple cheap hp increases, for example yesterday i took the air muffler out of the airbox, i noticed a slight increase, but it almost seems that the tranny wont accept it, its starting to act funny, shifting hard, slipping, jumping back and forth, is there anthing i could possibly do to help this?

·
Registered
660 Posts
check your fluid level, make sure your vacuum lines to the modulator are all on and are lot cracked/broken, then adjust your shifter and kickdown linkage.

If none of that does it, you're looking at a larger problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just put the muffler back in the other day thinking it would solve the prolem but now instead of shifting at a little before 3k it shifts at around 4k and roughly too with light throttle, also when taking off it feels as if it wont "catch" until about 2.5k i checked the fluid leel, it was fine soo i only put in half a quart but its still doing it, and around 45-50 it will shift back and forth a couple times as if it cant make up its mind and this is with normal throttle, would you possibly know of a diagram of the vacuum lines for this car, if not ill try to find one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts