Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a 4V swap and I am trying to sort out the auto trans options.

I have searched hi and lo and can't really find a big difference between a 4R70 and a 4R75.

Someone already recommended a Baumann controller, I just need to sort out which trans to get.

I appreciate any insight here.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
I believe the machs had the 4r75, but I could be wrong. The difference between the 4r70w and the 4r75 is the 75 is the 70w with slightly stronger internals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so if I can find a 75 that would be ideal. I suppose the E designates electronic control, anyone here ever install a Baumann controller?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
yes, but i dont know of anyone running one. sorry. the little things help these transmissions last longer under abuse. they are strong in stock form, but like anything else some minor things should be done. call baumann and they will explain more about it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I believe the machs had the 4r75, but I could be wrong. The difference between the 4r70w and the 4r75 is the 75 is the 70w with slightly stronger internals.
good to know info, i didnt know that

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
Yep. It is hard to find items for the 75 since it is technically the 70w. A lot of people just get 4r70w items for the 4r75.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts