Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gt with an auto trans. I want a stiffer shift firmness. I have read about the sct/diablo sport tuners helping with this. My question is, do they work? I have heard they work to a certain level. I have read about companies, like performance trans and others, but they want big $ to rework the whole trans. Also is this going to put to much stress on internal parts. I have read about the aod/aod-e trans problems. I am not sure what those are and if mine has one. The problems I want to fix are the lazy shifting and also I have a zex n2o kit with a 100 shot and have experienced the rev limiter on serveral occasions waiting for the trans to shift. I know all you guys are saying why didn't you just get a man trans! The answer is I didn't want one! My last several cars were manual trans and my left leg is tired of stop/go city traffic. thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 2000 gt auto aswell, i had the diablosport tunner and i couldnt really feel any stiffness when tunning the tranny, i didn't even like it so i sold it.
I would go with a shift kit or something.. i want to rebuild the tranny cause it feels slughish, but i dont know what parts to buy really.. anyone knows?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a tuner can help out the auto's a lot. the canned tune has small tweaks done, but you can go into the tune and set it how you want to. there is quiet a bit of room to work with on the tuner and can help out a lot after its set up. if still not enough, then you can go in a start looking into shift kits, different clutches, etc. another mod to look into would be a trans cooler too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
if i want to rebuild mine, what parts would i need to buy? or where? just stock, but new.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Diablo works great you need to adjust the performance to or have it dyno tuned like I did After the dyno it was much more responive with harder shift points.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
the tune worked really well on my car it shifts really hard especially from 1st to 2nd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts