Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this ratchet style automatic shifter at Console Hammer - '94-'00 Mustang console with AODE but im not really sure how it works... any thoughts? would i have to modify my transmission? also whats this Jmod thing? and how much is a new cam going to run me?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
or should i just buy one of the tuners that can change shift points and stuff like that?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
The ratchet shifter is more of a novelty item. It will in no way help your performance, the stock shifter shifts way fast. The tuner will make the shifts a lot more firm and quick.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I purchased this item myself, more for the look. i hated the stock shifter, looks soo lame, this definitely made me enjoy driving my car a lot more than i did.

Getting the shifter aligned with the transmission cable was a pain, but i think this has to do with the cable being worn, I got it as close as i can, for the most part it works perfectly, every once in a while it doesnt push/pull the cable far enough when im in second and going to drive.

Next thing is, unless you hit the perfect shift point, you will usually have a half second or second wait before you actually shift.. after getting my tuner it helped this a little, but really learning how to make the car shift when you want is going to take some time learning the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts