Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read a couple threads, basically just when Im slowing down around 10mph or so. It only happens every so often. 4 times so far in a month that I've had the car. Previous owner said it never happened(probly full of ****).

It started for me the day after I changed my air filter. I cleaned the MAF last week, ran great then stalled again on an off ramp today. Starts right back up. Going to clean the IAC next to see if that has something to do with it.

Not sure if the fuel filter has been changed so Ill do that as well. Any other suggestions or anything?

I'm going to change the spark plugs and transmission fluids as well. If none of this solves it Im at a loss.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
what air filter are you using and how/what did you clean the maf with?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a new k & n on it a couple weeks ago, I used MAF cleaner. Nothing touched the sensor when I was cleaning it. Just took the two screws off pulled the maf up sprayed everything down a few times, let it dry and then put everything back together.

How hard is it to clean the iac, ive never done it?

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
did you oil the K&N or just put it in. I wouldnt be shocked if the oil and **** has dripped/fallen off the air filter and contaminated the MAF.

IAC you take it off spray it with brake clean in the openings and use a tapered metal bristal brush to clean it out

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just going through and checking all connections which I should of done before, but one of the connections to a vacuum line is cracking, it doesnt look like its all the way cracked through but if there is this could be the problem. I dont have anything to replace the piece with at my house and I gotta go to work in an hr. The more I pull it off the more it cracks so I'm going to hope I didnt crack it too much already and go to work, fix it when I have more time

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
could be it. Spray it with carb cleaner if the engine revs up then its leaking out. Just get a piece of rubber hose to put in its place cheap and easy

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could be it. Spray it with carb cleaner if the engine revs up then its leaking out. Just get a piece of rubber hose to put in its place cheap and easy
appreciate the advice, Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did it go for you. I'm having the same problem. Below are the steps I've taken so far (not to hijack your thread or nuthin :) )
--Had a wrench reprogram the PCM for low idle per some technical bulletin report
--Cleaned the throttle body (wasnt too bad, but wasnt pristine either)
--Cleaned the MAF
Mine is still jumping it's idle when coming down from high rev/speed in neutral.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
burp yours sounds like an IAC problem

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hasn't done anything since the last time I posted about it, still haven't cleaned the IAC yet. With finals and work I haven't had time for anything got a couple days off this week and next week so I'm going to do it. mine jumps idle when coming down too, the IAC should do the trick I hope

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
I agree. I had a similar problem on mine when I bought it. Hose clamps actually did the trick. Otherwise it's nothing some off the shelf heater hose can't fix. The PCV returns seem to be particularly prone to this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts