Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what peoples opinion was on a conversion from automatic to manual was. I couldn't find any kits, so any advice would be appreciated. What parts would this require?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Many people will tell you it is going to be easier to just buy a manual.

·
Registered
928 Posts
just saying id swap depending on condition and location

·
Registered
928 Posts
not sure how to explain swapping..like trade

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasnt sure what parts you meant specifically. Now I am assuming you mean transmissions.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Yes I was, but I honestly have no knowledge on what parts would need to be changed.
I think its basically the bell housing, and i think a harness...Thats why you should just go swap with a guy with a t-5...well anyways, theres at least 124949229393 threads on this..

·
Registered
63 Posts
It will be better to sell urs and buy a manual one.To go Manual u need Tranny computer another shaft. Clutch pedal kit and some other stuff + labor it will cost a lot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
wow in shock on how something as simple as a tranny swap has everyone telling him to sell it and buy another car .op do some home work it's not that bad i went 5 speed to auto

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
wow in shock on how something as simple as a tranny swap has everyone telling him to sell it and buy another car .op do some home work it's not that bad i went 5 speed to auto
yep...i've had both, and a built auto is by far my favorite of the two

1 - 17 of 17 Posts