Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission is slipping super hard, I think it’s possible I have a few different problems going on right now. Last week I took it for a quick ride, when I got on it or hit a bump it would act is if traction control kicked on, the green tire slip light flashed and went away. I have had traction control permanently turned off and it’s been this way for like 4 years or more. The car also put overdrive back on by itself.. same ride headed back to my house I hit a bump and the car completely turned off, started back up and got it home, negative battery cable was loose so I thought maybe it all tied in together. Now I’m not sure whether I should be looking for loose wires and shitty grounds or having someone replace the stall, today I took it for another ride and the car did the same putting overdrive back on etc, but significantly worse to where I was not sure if the turd would make it home or not. Sorry for the rambling I’m not really sure how to describe what’s happening, first time posting here in a longgggg time

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Whats the fluid level and condition? Also when o/d comes on is it while cruising or while accelerating? My guess is low fluid or mlps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's very important with today's Transmissions to service them at the required intervals. If your fluid is black I would definitely flush it and change the filter to start.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got it jacked up today, looks like the tranny fluid is leaking, o/d came on while wot

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure I know how to reply to individual people, i jacked up the car today and it’s leaking tranny fluid, a month ago when I made this post it appeared to be full and it’s about halfway down the dipstick now. ive had a stall hangin around for a while, now seems like as good a Time as ever to have it put in and have the leak fixed at the same time

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not sure I know how to reply to individual people, i jacked up the car today and it’s leaking tranny fluid, a month ago when I made this post it appeared to be full and it’s about halfway down the dipstick now. ive had a stall hangin around for a while, now seems like as good a Time as ever to have it put in and have the leak fixed at the same time
If you're going to overhaul the tranny it'll probably be best to also replace the TC as the clutch inside also gets burned and cause slippage. Hopefully the tranny didn't get too burned up. Good luck and update us!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the stall replaced with the ptc 3k stall I had laying around and had the leak fixed, just as f’d Up as before. O/d turns itself on, car stalled 10 times driving back to the shop..

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Good luck, but if you're pulling the trans again then send that stall back and have it restalled higher. Atleast in the 3400-3600 range. These cars like 3600-4000. Did you add a tranny cooler? After putting a 3600 in mine I wish I would've gone 4000.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know it’s been a long time but the issue was An engine ground was disconnected blowing around, car runs good with the 3k stall I just have to get it to my tuner for an adjustment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts