Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought A/F Wideband, Boost, Fuel Press. *and fuel rail adaptor*

but, I just found out you HAVE to get the control module. Now, this is my fault, I should've done my homework. I can only get pissed off at myself. The gauges look SICK! Anyone install these? How hard is it? I've seen some install pictures and how-to write up. But, I've only seen them for trucks and rice-burners. Anyone have any ideas, or pointers??? OR .... ?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
the install is pretty much the same from car to car. wires all hook up the same. the only real difference is where you may decide to put them.

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick question. With the Nexus Gauge install. Obviously all of the sensors feed into the Control Module. Now, there is a designated place for Fuel Pres. Boost/Vac BUT, there is no spot for A/F Wideband... Where do you stick that one??? AUX maybe???

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
I think the A/F is probably going to be stand alone or require a different module. Let me look quick.

Yup. I think you may be able to hook it up to the module for the on-board data logging but otherwise you can hook it up by itself.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm... Ok. I'll take another look at it... Thanks bud.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quick question. With the Nexus Gauge install. Obviously all of the sensors feed into the Control Module. Now, there is a designated place for Fuel Pres. Boost/Vac BUT, there is no spot for A/F Wideband... Where do you stick that one??? AUX maybe???
The Wideband A/F plugs into the "Network" port in Channel Sensor Module and also daisy chains to the next Nexus gauge in the network.

The install was not difficult. I picked up power from the passenger side fuse panel with "add-a-circuit" fuse taps. Mounted the Sensor Module under the steering column with velcro.

Here are my Nexus gauges in a Speed of Sound triple pod.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HA! Exactly what I got. But my SOS is black. Sexy dude...

·
10,234 Posts
those look horrible. you should just save yourself the laughs and let me take the crap for you

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, sure. What's your address I'll send them to you.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Fuel Pressure was easy after i figured it out lol see pics below....

Thats the adapter on the fuel rail if you need more pics let me know i used pipe dope to seal it all

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'm pretty set. I'm just trying to figure out where/what I'm going to use for Ignition On and Full-Time power. I searched and someone had used the Brake Switch. But I'm not sure.
Any ideas? Pictures help...

·
Registered
559 Posts
I didnt use anything full time on i didnt want to drain the battery when its off i tapped into the 12v line behind the radio to turn on when the car turns on and for the lights idk if urs lights up but i tapped into the light switch so when the headlights are on the gauges lights are on as well

·
10,234 Posts
if you go to shows they have the cool playback feature that you could keep on with a simple toggle switch going to a constant on. not sure how you would have to wire it in order to be able to have them work w/o the switch while on and with the switch while the car and key are off. maybe using a diode (?) so the constant power wouldn't be able to flow backwards to the ignition when the car is off and the switch is on.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
How much did you end up getting the Nexus gauges for, and where at?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
so i should say that i am going to have to buy some gauges with my supercharger, which ones are a must? going to order a s/c in the next couple months and need to find some gauges as well!

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didnt use anything full time on i didnt want to drain the battery when its off i tapped into the 12v line behind the radio to turn on when the car turns on and for the lights idk if urs lights up but i tapped into the light switch so when the headlights are on the gauges lights are on as well
In the directions for the control module it says to...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts