hello everyone,

I have a 2013 gt and my mods are as follows
steeda coilovers
bmr LCA's
bmr relo brackets
forgestar f14s 18x11
bfg rivals 315/30/18 & 295/35/18
roush upper and lower grilles

last time I ran an event I didn't have the tires and wheels so I ran in STU but my question is will the tire width put me in Street Prepared or Street Modified?

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
hello everyone,

I have a 2013 gt and my mods are as follows
steeda coilovers
bmr LCA's
bmr relo brackets
forgestar f14s 18x11
bfg rivals 315/30/18 & 295/35/18
roush upper and lower grilles

last time I ran an event I didn't have the tires and wheels so I ran in STU but my question is will the tire width put me in Street Prepared or Street Modified?
There are no tire or wheel width limits in SP or SM. Both allow any DOT approved tire (most popular being the Hoosier A6 or A7). If you want to stay on Rivals and be competitive see if your region offers CAM or some other form of street tire "open" class to compete in. If you were on 285 wide tires you'd be eligible for STU at least locally. The upper and lower grills might be considered "performance enhancing" and get you some negative attention at the national level... but I doubt most would care unless you won.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no tire or wheel width limits in SP or SM. Both allow any DOT approved tire (most popular being the Hoosier A6 or A7). If you want to stay on Rivals and be competitive see if your region offers CAM or some other form of street tire "open" class to compete in. If you were on 285 wide tires you'd be eligible for STU at least locally. The upper and lower grills might be considered "performance enhancing" and get you some negative attention at the national level... but I doubt most would care unless you won.
i used to run STU when i was on the old 20's. dont really plan to make it to national level atleast not this season anyways. i may try for SP, SM seems to be wide open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts