Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every thing from my avic hooks up to the mach 460 head unit wiring harness i just dont know were to connect the amp turn on wires (2) from the car to the radio and in im just going with the amp grounds(2) just gets grounded to the car

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Connect the 2 blue/white wires to a 3k ohm resistor, and then from there to the blue/white on the D3 harness (it's with the RCAs).

Also, did you connect the pink from the radio to the white/orange wire in the pass kick panel? It's the VSS wire and will make it more accurate. I have done a few installs without the pink connected, and trust me, you want it connected.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did do the speed wire and revers wire

just a few more things

do i need to install after market bass blockers before he tweeters or is the avic d3 good on not blowing the tweeters and if so were do i need to put them at

do i need fmods for the subs to keep the hi sounds out of the bass

and do i connect the amp grounds from the small metra harness to the amp grounds on the big metra harness or do i connect all three of the amp grounds to the chassis ground

thank you for your help

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
1) Couldn't hurt. but the D3 has crossovers in the audio menu.

2) See above. yada yada yada.

3) Yes. It prevents noises.

4) Anytime. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Not in the '01-'04 cars. The crossovers were built into the deck, which made integrating into them difficult until the crossover points were figured out. If you must know, it is 400 hz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts