Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy got roush axle back and I love how it sounds and I was amazed at how much difference a simple axle back can make. I want that loudness and similar sound but I obviously can't get the same exhaust as my buddy... Anyone have any experience with various axle backs and have suggestions?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Honestly its all taste. But recognize the louder the axle back the louder a full exhaust will be.

A roush with offroad x and no resonators = bleeding ears at 6000+ rpm

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
I love not only how my Magnaflows sound, but how they look as well. They are deep at idle, and can really scream at WOT, even with the cats still in place.

·
Registered
332 Posts
+1 for Magnaflow, I had them on my 2001 GT. with an offroad H I had no drone, and at WOT the raw roar that came from my car was music to my ears. I had the radio off 24/7 in that car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking for something that has straight through muffler design similar to the roush. Anyone have info on bassani street race axle back? Or mbrp street OR race catback?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I believe all magnaflows are straight through the only chambered mufflers I know of anymore are flowmasters JBA BBK and Mac?

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have heartthrob muffler delete pipes, pretty loud but I like them. Kinda sounded like a boat until I got my x-pipe though lol.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I'm running Borla S Types and love them. No drone, sounds great. I'm running O/R H and resonator deletes as well.

All the Bassanis I've heard haven't sounded too great IMO.

I'm fixing to try out Kooks axlebacks in a few weeks. If you're patient I may have some S Types for a killer deal.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm running Borla S Types and love them. No drone, sounds great. I'm running O/R H and resonator deletes as well.

All the Bassanis I've heard haven't sounded too great IMO.

I'm fixing to try out Kooks axlebacks in a few weeks. If you're patient I may have some S Types for a killer deal.

Hmm I may have to take you up on that

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Im running dynomax race bullets with an O/R X. Full 3 inch system

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
+1 for the magnaflow competition exhaust. I have a few videos on my instagram if you want to see how it sounds (my account is public so you don't need to follow to see stuff).

@NJ_5OH

·
Registered
276 Posts
+1 for Borla ATAK. Roush is my favorite, but I'm a little biased.

·
Registered
709 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts