Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since I did a swap from my 7.5 rear to an 8.8, sometimes when I go over bumps or even slight bumps it's makes a pretty loud bang from the rear. It wouldn't do that with the 7.5 though. So I'm thinkin it could be those dampers cause they were pretty hard to pull out or push in. bushings, shocks, and everything else is fine, as is the axle. I just wonder if I even need the dampers. Suspension is stock too btw. I will eventually upgrade.
any suggestions?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
are you refering to the quad shocks? 8.8's come with quad shocks and 7.5s did not

if your running an aftermarket lca you dont really need the quad shocks but they help with the weak factory control arms

·
Registered
390 Posts
So since I did a swap from my 7.5 rear to an 8.8, sometimes when I go over bumps or even slight bumps it's makes a pretty loud bang from the rear. It wouldn't do that with the 7.5 though. So I'm thinkin it could be those dampers cause they were pretty hard to pull out or push in. bushings, shocks, and everything else is fine, as is the axle. I just wonder if I even need the dampers. Suspension is stock too btw. I will eventually upgrade.
any suggestions?[/QUOTE

are bushing loose on the 3rd and 4th shock? did the control arms change? did springs change? is there a vibration dampner hanging under the middle of the axle that might be loose? put a mark on the bump stop rubber to see if your axle is hitting it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the controls arms stock? are they tight ?
yes they are factory, and they are tight surprisingly. Bushings don't look like they've ever been changed though.

are you refering to the quad shocks? 8.8's come with quad shocks and 7.5s did not

if your running an aftermarket lca you dont really need the quad shocks but they help with the weak factory control arms
Yeah the quad shocks, I knew 7.5 came without them, but I thought since my car was a six it wouldn't need them. I put them on anyway cause the rear I got came with them. so if they help I'll leave them on there. I'll see about some new control arms in the future, those bushings are a pita to replace on the stock ones. I did my fronts not to long ago.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are bushing loose on the 3rd and 4th shock? did the control arms change? did springs change? is there a vibration dampner hanging under the middle of the axle that might be loose? put a mark on the bump stop rubber to see if your axle is hitting it.
Everything is tight as far I can see, I removed the dog bone earlier in the week. Still didn't make a difference. I'll check the bump stop here in a few and see if thats it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts