Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - Thinking really seriously about moving to the Mesa, AZ area in Septmember. Whats the racing scene down there like? What track's do the AZ boys frequent? If I come down there who is going to drink beer with me?!?! Also, I hear the housing market is pretty crazy cheap. Is that true? How hard is to to find apt's/home's for rent? What are you guys paying for rent?

Thanks,

Jake

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey Jake! We have two race tracks in the north or west Phoenix area there is speedway and in chandler where I live and where you would go is Firebird. They have drags every Friday but have drag and drift every once in a while. So you get to race a 20 sec civic YAY! The housing market is very cheap and foreclosures are everywhere. It depends on where you want to rent but you would probably be paying about 700-1000 for rent of a one or two bedroom apt. but you can find plenty of houses renting. If you have any other questions just PM me.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
too bad the Tucson scene is pretty dead, i have seen a few stangs... but they all seem pretty stock. V8's are here and there (mainly stock with maybe a sticker or a side louver mod) and v6's are fairly common (yet they seem to remain their boring stocky nature with single exhaust, no mods, and fairly slow "I can't shift" drivers).

Of course you have some exceptions, however those exceptions seem to be on base with me and my friend and some Sgt's and i think one Lt Col who has a BEAUTIFUL shelby!

-edit-
the tuner scene is the same here as it is everywhere. fartcans galore, and stupid teens who think that their weekend of figuring out how to change their stock muffler to a fartblaster can out run a mild tuned v6 (i haven't done much with it, but i can still blast them out of the water)

·
Registered
199 Posts
too bad the Tucson scene is pretty dead, i have seen a few stangs... but they all seem pretty stock. V8's are here and there (mainly stock with maybe a sticker or a side louver mod) and v6's are fairly common (yet they seem to remain their boring stocky nature with single exhaust, no mods, and fairly slow "I can't shift" drivers).

Of course you have some exceptions, however those exceptions seem to be on base with me and my friend and some Sgt's and i think one Lt Col who has a BEAUTIFUL shelby!

-edit-
the tuner scene is the same here as it is everywhere. fartcans galore, and stupid teens who think that their weekend of figuring out how to change their stock muffler to a fartblaster can out run a mild tuned v6 (i haven't done much with it, but i can still blast them out of the water)
The Tucson scene doesn't seem to have much going on other than a few weekend cruise ins and tons of ricers like Renegade said. There are some nice stangs in town, I'd like to think mine is one lol, but there are more crappy or plain stock ones out there. We've got our dragstrip and have AutoX at Marana airport about once a month, plus the occasional drift,drag, car show thing but it seems to be more hype than anything. Last one i went to was a waste of my money. I hear the Pavillions and Cars and Thai Tea are two nice cruise ins out your way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts