Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so I have been considering going with a b&m hammer shifter for my build but have to say I have some doubts about it. I have watched a couple videos on youtube and sometimes when its shifted it responds immediately to switch gears which is what im looking for, while other times it looks like it does nothing at all and just shifts like a regular automatic would. On the one video I watched the guy says that it wont shift on command unless you give it enough gas....... now why the heck would I want to buy something to control shifting if the car decides when it wants to shift anyways?! makes zero sense to me.. I want to be able to control what gear the car is in if I buy this kit, not to pretend like I am driving a manual and not get the results of a manual.... anybody have any info about this?

·
Registered
122 Posts
The shifter does not control the shifts in the trans. You would need a manual valve body if you want full control over the shifts. Changing the shifter on a stock aod will still act just like the stock shifter including the 1-2-1 shift trick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i guess I should have worded it more precise i understand about the valve body but even with the valve body in these videos it looks like what i said in my first post

1 - 3 of 3 Posts