Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys guys, I used to be an active member on here awhile back and I’m hoping to get some advice. Right now my cylinder walls are a mess and two pistons broke after going lean on the dyno roughly 6 years ago and I’m looking to get it fixed. My budget is $5k and I’d like to make ~500rwhp with the potential for a little more down the road. What are my options? I’ve considered an mmr short block but those look expensive, I’ve also considered a teskid 4v build. If I went the teskid route would I just need to find a donor car/used motor? I don’t like the idea of putting an older motor in my car when I’m not sure how well it was maintained. I could also rebuild my current motor but have no idea how much that would cost. Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. First time going through this and I feel like I’m in way over my head. Here’s what I’m working with:

2003 mustang gt 5 speed w/ 40k miles
Vortech v2 si
cx racing intercooler
tail q bov
Bbk 78mm tb
slp lm1s
Mac Pro chamber
4.10 gears
39lb injectors
Division x Stryker fuel pump

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
With that power goal you’ll have to build the bottom end anyway so as long as the block you pick up is good don’t worry about the internals since they’ll be getting swapped out.

Also I remember you. This place took a nose dive a while back. Come on over to sn95forums. Its a great place for us sn guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
So, I saw your post on the email update from the forums and had to come log in and say HI! from one old member of the forums to the other :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts