Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah yeah, i know. Why am i spending foolish money? Why not? :baller: I can't take it with me when i die! Maybe sooner than later with my driving habits, but who cares? Anyway, down to business, i do apologize for not having any pics of said car. I spent a whopping $500 on a running and driving 1979 chevy caprice with a mildly cammed 350 and a recently rebuilt 350 trans. Its a turd, but thats why it was 500 bucks. Now a list of things to do before the derby

*pick up car
***** bitches in car
*gut car (wiring and anything unnecessary)
*cut firewall
*wire the damn thing
*free floating rad
*custom shifter
*tune
*weld Diff
*trunk tuck? (yet to be decided)
*paint epic stuff on car
*wreck it

Now, i dont know how many of you guys have built derby cars, but any imput/ideas will be greatly appreciated. I did run a pre-ran last year but i was less than impressed with my setup.

Pics for reference

Thin blue line for fallen LEO's and the obvious rebel flag for awesomeness.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
ive ran a few. my last one was summer of 2012 so ive been out for a few years. :( hopefully ill get back into it this summer, i got an 88 lincoln towncar ready to build!

heres my very first car i ran back in 2011. a 1983 olds delta 88.

ended up like this. i remember taking a nasty full track shot in this car and everything going black for a few seconds, hurt tlike hell.

frame looked like spaghetti.

and my second car i ran in 2012, a 1989 crown vic.

only after pic i have. this is after one derby. i later got two more out of it.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

i find it best to go in with no plan or strategy whatsoever other than hit whatever i can with the throttle wide open lol.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
what class are you running in? just a chain and go deal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts