Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that our cars need back pressure. At the track I always ran open LTs and cutting low 12.8s in the 1320. My question is, what if you put cut outs after the mide pipe? Would that give you the back pressure you need to help these mod motors out? I had the idea of either moving my cut outs to behind the mid pipe or either selling my Bassani and making my own exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers?? Any info or opinions will be appreciated.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, i wonder if i will have tad quicker times without the cutouts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
back pressure NA to a certain degree is a good thing...FI I would think the less the better...im more or less relying on the H to make some because the magnapacks i have are obviously a dead straight shot through em lol

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
back pressure NA to a certain degree is a good thing...FI I would think the less the better...im more or less relying on the H to make some because the magnapacks i have are obviously a dead straight shot through em lol
:yes
with boost force it in and out as fast as possible

na needs that backpressure for low end power, less back pressure will help you a little up top though i do believe...someone can correct me if im wrong.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
:yes
with boost force it in and out as fast as possible

na needs that backpressure for low end power, less back pressure will help you a little up top though i do believe...someone can correct me if im wrong.
thats what I was thinkin :yes

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Hmmm I wonder if it's hurting my car then. Im running SLP LM 1's with a off-road Mac Prochamber. I was told that it probally is hurting my car from someone, but I dont really know the guy.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i may have to investigate next year and see what i can come up with. i ordered a new mid pipe because when I made mine last winter for my LTs, i made the mistake of trying to line the center of the x with the drive shaft, not know they were off set ( didnt look when i took the mid pipe off to install the LTs)

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I have a friend that Im pretty sure told me he dropped a couple of 10th's in the 1/4 when he went from LM1' to flows...your prochamber should help though

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm I wonder if it's hurting my car then. Im running SLP LM 1's with a off-road Mac Prochamber. I was told that it probally is hurting my car from someone, but I dont really know the guy.
i would say your getting enough with the prochamber

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the prochamber is giving you the back pressure you need... but if your runiing a off road h pipe then your losing a little up top and helping down low.. its the opposite with the x pipe

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Here, im going to pass off an idea I had for if/when I get cutouts. I was going to try to rig up a cheapo shift light up to electric cutouts so that they only open after a specific rpm. You could probably through trial/error or on a dyno find the comfy spot where you open them up when you benefit from them. Just an idea, not sure how well it would work.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already had that idea to use a rpm activated switch for it but theres now way to fit electric cut outs on mine. theres just no room

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
none lol, on the passenger side the cut out is right up agains the SFC, to put an electric cut out on, It would have to point down, (with the way the bolt patterns are) and I only have 3" from the ground to my midpipe as it is now

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
your good man. I run the same thing till I get LTs then still doing a shorty Mac Pro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts