Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday im dropping off old Red at Kurgan Motorsports again for some more upgrades, they are upgrading my Already built 4r70W with a full manual valve body, installing a B&M ratchet shifter, dropping in a smaller pulley and retuning for the new transmision and pulley changes. Im going from a 2.9RR to a 2.7 so I should pick up a couple pounds off Boost and hopefully a few horses to match last time she made almost 600RWHP. One thing im curious about is if Vortechs hight traction pulley is a sticky as the RR ones. I Cant wait to see what this new shifter is going to feel like Im pretty excited, and also curious about how much power im going to pickup. MY new car hauler finally made it in so I dont have to keep renting one to haul my car around LOL.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Good luck man! I wanna see a dyno sheet when it's done!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Good luck can't wait to see how she does. Good luck David!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill sure try, but im dropping the car and leaving it there maybe wade can post a video or something on thier Facebook page. Its always exciting to see a Mustang Dyno no matter how much power it makes.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Good luck SSG!! Cant wait to see what she lays down! Emailed Mr. Kurgan today about a T trim, fuel and some Kooks LTs so hopefully will get this ball rolling very soon! Still havnt figured out the tranny situation yet either

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome man, Ide like to see another GM eating machine brought to life LOL. On that tranny perhaps you should just buy one directly from PA rather then ship yours around.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
nice! what blower do you have again? the si? keep that 2.7 and have them throw a ysi or jt on while you're there ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HAHA I would if i could afford to buy yet another blower I currently have the T trim, before that the SI, and before that the S trim LOL.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Thats kinda what i was thinking. Im strongly considering relocating to Pheonix AZ soon so ill have many more options when it comes to Mod Motors here (currently visiting). PA and Stage 3 both do trans builds but as of right now, leaning strongly towards PA. Im currently job searching in AZ so kinda nervous to spend too much saved $ until i find something steady.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel your concern Im a cash only kinda guy on these toys.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Me too!! I jacked up alot back in hs and college with credit cards and loans and what not, 27 years old and STILL cleaning up my credit so i stick to cash as well. I have $4500 to play with right now, just need to use it wisely to get the most bang, i want to get as close to complete as i can, even if it means waiting on the supercharger itself for a few months. If i stay in CO I wont be driving it until March anyway lol!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
HAHA I would if i could afford to buy yet another blower I currently have the T trim, before that the SI, and before that the S trim LOL.
they're not terribly expensive. between selling yours and finding a used one you would prolly only have 1500 into the swap. sounds a little pricey but i bet you'd be knocking on the 700 door then and then maybe you could stop with all the different tuning changes lol.

any plans to get the car to the track soon?

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they're not terribly expensive. between selling yours and finding a used one you would prolly only have 1500 into the swap. sounds a little pricey but i bet you'd be knocking on the 700 door then and then maybe you could stop with all the different tuning changes lol.

any plans to get the car to the track soon?
After this tune IM DONE its time to move onto another car, as far as the track yes I plan on running mine at street fights this April-OCT on Thursday nights, im doing a roll bar before I go to the track at the end of March.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Good luck OP with those new mods and this cooler weather(at least here in Tx) vs when you had it dynoed back in Sept you should put down some damn decent numbers!

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Im definatley moving on to another ride after this round of MODS. Well maybe I have to still do the rollbar but thats it. Oddly we have been having a rather warm winter here in East Tennessee. It has been in the high 60's atleast half of this month when normally its in the 30-40 range.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Goodluck SSG! Cant wait to see the results!

1 - 20 of 181 Posts