Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been missing for quite some time now so I thought I would show up again and show off my new ride. I actually ran across an SVO and nearly bought it, but it was too high priced for the work it needed and they guy would not come off the price. So here is my new car, which I'm not sure yet if my plate is going to read IEATZ28 or CHADS78. It's an original Trans Am (although it was silver and is now blue) that came from the factory with the Pontiac 400 and 3-speed auto transmission (from what I can see the numbers on the car all match). It does not run (there is coolant in the oil, I assume blown headgasket), but it does crank over. It will need some rust work done on the rear, possibly two whole new quarters. The interior is in mixed shape, the front seats are junk and the rear pans are rusted all the way through, but the dash and rear seats are near immaculate condition (all the paneling is there except for the doors). The original glass t-tops are on the car (the locks are Hurst) and do not leak, but there is a small leak in the windshield. The front fender flares are either broken or missing and there is a very small crack in the front bumper. There is also a rust hole at the very bottom of the front fender behind the wheel well. The rims are off a 3rd-gen Camaro (I like those five spokes) and the tires are all almost brand new. The guy threw in a new fuel filter, new spark plug wires, and new plugs. Overall, didn't seem like a bad deal for $900.

Yeah, I know, it's a GM!:eek:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you guys want to keep up with my project, I put up a project thread on NastyZ28 Second Generation Camaro Owners Group. I have a feeling no one here particularly cares to view the den of the enemy (Camaro/Firebird forum), but that is where I will be keeping the updated pictures and posts as to how it is coming along.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts