Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im gonna be heading out to the track this saturday for the first test and tune of the year and i was wondering in someone could help me out with that times ill be running this year. i got a 2003 auto gt.
here are my times from last year.
mods: Sct tune by brenspeed 93 oct , 3.73 gears, Jlt True Cold air intake, and 275 nitto 555s.

Best time: :(
R/T .126
60' 1.998
330 5.816
1/8 8.947
mph 78.73
1000 11.656
1/4 13.946
mph 98.47

This year at the track ill be running brenspeed 93 oct tune, 4.10 gears with new carbon rebuild kit, Mac longtube headers, Mac o/r H, jlt true cold air intake, and 315 nt555r and line lock. oh ya and rocking the factory catback with dcook! :D

so i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what i should be running this year with the new mods.

also would i benifit from a bigger tb and plenum with my setup?
thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just the tuning that brenspeed did to it...idk how it is compared to a manual but i personally thinks it shifts alot faster then most auto cars

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i was just guessing i dont know much about the auto cars

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I've ridden around with blkgt and the auto trans shifts fast and hard. Definitely a step up from the stock trans with no tuning.

I really think the gears are going to help out, even if it's just a bump from 3.73s

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i think the 3.73 will be alot better for yours ha

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
dcook im still waiting on wheel pics

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:fu ya dcook lets see those wheels

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone else got any ideas?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I think you might improve your time by a little bit, but I dont think it will be drastic.

I would say best of 13.7? (just a guess tho)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
er damnit i was hoping for a little better then that

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
autos seem to be doggs man* ( puts on flame suit)

*stock vs stock

·
Registered
181 Posts
i believe you can go 13.5 at best more 13.6-7 i ran 13.9 will tune and cai and spun and ran same time with the 3.73 gears with super bad wheel spin with sticky tires 13.5 is a good spot i think

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ i like this guy haha

·
Registered
72 Posts
You should look into getting a converter that is going to help you more than anything else. Converter and those gears will help drastically. then once i got my converter I would focus on suspension mods. Strange adjustable and drag springs. But auto are only dogs because of the inability to get them into the power band and launch hard. invest in a converter.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
to cold? ha its not even bad out right now ha i just had to run to the garage and freeze my ass of in shorts to get a pop at got distracted by the 5.0 sitting in there....talk about cold :p

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
gotta go with the 13.8 myself.

the 4.10's helped but the 315's hurt.

the lt's aren't much help either.

should have spent the l/t money on a converter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts