Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Idk why but I didn't get the reverse camera when I ordered my Stang. Has anyone used an aftermarket camera or have any input? Iv been looking at coastal etech. But Idk. Have stock navigation also and would like it to be through that and not the mirror.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hey guys, Idk why but I didn't get the reverse camera when I ordered my Stang. Has anyone used an aftermarket camera or have any input? Iv been looking at coastal etech. But Idk. Have stock navigation also and would like it to be through that and not the mirror.
My friend bought everything from ebay for 50 bucks. i was skeptical but they work really well. no lag whatsoever. But his is thru the mirror, not the screen. i think the camera was 25ish and the mirror was 25ish. you can get a wireless camera so you dont need to worry about finding a way to extend the wires from the mirror to the camera but youll need to figure out a way to connect the mirror to the 12 volt poerr source

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the point. I want it to come on the factory navigation screen. I can't find one other than coastal etech that wont cost me a lot. Was seing if anyone has found one that works with the factory navigation head unit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I figured. But was just gona check if anyone knew of another.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
I have OEM camera and I can see it in the mirror, I prefer to have it in the mirror rather than screen, so I can keep an eye on the mirror at the same time, rather than looking down at the screen and up again. I am really satisfied

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't mind the OEM. But that's an easy $1000 lol so I'm not doing that

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The factory wants like $600 and change for just the mirror and the camera they want like $300 and change

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
lol, I didn't know it was 1000$, I was thinking of having a GT500 wing, after knowing the price of the OEM camera I realized I have a fortune there :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that wasn't doing a lot of research. But even on American muscle its pricey. I meen more than I'd want to spend lol. Ill most likely pull the trigger on the coastal etech unit.

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
That's true, I've always driven cars without rear camera, I think I can survive without one, but damn that thing helps alot!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Iv had with and without. But I back in my spots and I'd like an easier view lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.