Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blah blah blah words
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My reverse lights are not working. I have a manual, so I don't know when they are supposed to go on, (only driven auto's before, and the lights go on when you are in "R" and you hit the gas)

I have checked the fuse, it was okay. I noticed that it was a different color than the others, and in upside-down (in relation to the others, if I remember correctly they don't need to go in a certain way. this indicates that it was changed before?) Even swapped in a good fuse from another circuit, so it's not that. I find it difficult to believe that BOTH bulbs are burnt out so... help?

2000 v6 manual, (if that matters)

·
Registered
928 Posts
well pop out the bulbs and check if not the connection is on the side of the tranny it could have popped off I believe on the drivers side

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Drivers side dead in the center on the trans. It has a rubber boot over the connector. Pull it off and put a fused jper wire between the two terminals on the connector and see if the lights come on. If they do, replace the sensor. If not, it's a wire problem.

Check the bulbs first though.

Fuses can go either way.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
I just had to replace BOTH my bulbs, and they went out at the same time or within a day of each other. Money on bulbs.

And FYI they go on when you shift into reverse.

·
blah blah blah words
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i just found out why the left side plastic retainer is missing...

I am not sure what a dead bulb looks like, but it looked intact.
I guess someone else, (PO or dealer?) knew about the lights and checked the bulbs, because as stated above, the left side retainer screw is missing and there were only 3 nuts holding the assembly on. whoever tried to fix it must have tried the bulbs and the fuse, and then lost two parts :mad:

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts
Dead Bulbs sometimes have a burnt look to them...

Many times they look like ordinary bulbs. The best way to check a dead bulb would be to swap a working/new bulb in.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Did you put liquid teflon or teflon tape on the treads? If not it will eventually leak past the threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts