Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '03 GT backfires then stall when I try to start it.I've changed the camshaft position sensor and I'm still having problems.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
nice sig quote bro. I laughed win wayne said that ****. Its true tho. Why is everyone worried bout whats in my cup? its my cup! lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.That's my favorite quote of all time now.Anyways I even had a local shop work on it and it still does this bullsh*t. I have a solution that envolves a rag,zippo and some gasoline but I want to give it another shot.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
does it shoot flames??

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
this may sound crazy but have you looked into the altenator? if its going bad it will create a magnetic feild around the cam position sensor and throw a code. mine done it it would crank and crank and then spit and sputter and then it would fire but it would backfire and shut off it was crazy! just what happened to me though maybe try it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mustang backfires

I had the same problem which code 0340 came up.I changed the camshaft position sensor,but that didn't change the backfiring.I took of my alternator to have it checked @ an auto part store which they said it was good.The auto part store was wrong my alternator was bad.It made a whining sound off an on which is a sign of the alternator going bad.I changed out my alternator and the backfiring went away.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Nice first post bro.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats another problem I'm having with it.I can't even get the codes.I went to Auto Zone and we tried pulling up the diagnostics and couldn't get anything to come up.The guy who worked there told me its probably because I have a bad fuse somewhere.I checked all the fuses and they're all fine exept I did notice that I had one missing.

View attachment 24633

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
nice car rudy... always good to see fellow louisiana members!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
im at the otha end... Shreveport. (up in the northwest corner of LA)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fasho.I'm from the bottom of the boot.I'm from Houma.But I have some friends that live in New Orleans and I stay with them off and on.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
man i come fishin south of houma alot. my dad goes bout every month. got some peeps that live down there and ****. Fun as hell and while i was there i checked out yall's mall and seems like yall have a few cuties running around.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
then you better hope i dont bring mine down there. They might be headed back to north louisiana!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts