Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

2004 Mustang Convertible V6 3.9, 40th Ann 109,000

I had my ABS light come on a few months ago, it was intermittent for probably about a month or two, on one week off the next. I tried to use my OBDII tool which reads ABS codes and couldn't get a read off of it. Borrowed my friends ABS code tool, same thing but his said corrupt ABS read or something like that. Long story short took it to a place to check out and they said my ABS computer module went out.

What could have caused this to go out in the first place? Also what is the best and cheapest way to go about fixing it? I have seen ABS modules around for about $100 on ebay, could check a junkyard too.

On a side note, how often should I bleed and replace my brake fluid? I don't think I have done it since I got my car ~40,000 miles ago, but my brakes are starting to get "spongy" even with new pads. How hard is it to do? I have done a decent amount of work to it myself already and am not new doing it myself.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i had a similar issue with my blazer ABS module....i just went to a yard and swapped in a another...i just had to make sure the numbers matched. i would imagine you can do the same. i am more familiar with my blazer then my mustang...but i cant see it being that diff.

if your brakes are spongy you most likely have air in the lines..that can trip the abs light to....again, on my blazer i have had low brake fluid and air in brake lines trip the light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts