Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled the motor last night and pulled the pistons 3 of em where messed up pretty bad and so where the sleeves. the bearings also had some scratches on em. the crank had about 1 or two little marks but not a scratch im going to see if they can be polished out. im going to check the cam soon and probable pick up a little better cam. also im looking at pistons and dont know what to go with im looking to make it a 306 i know i gotta go 4.040 but idk which one to go with any advice. and one last thing a buddy said i should pick up a timming chain also

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
definitely get a timing chain, you are looking for a .030 over piston id you want to go with a 306, maybe look for a complete kit.

you should research what you want to do now and make a good plan while you have it out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im doing it right this time tried to just get by last time and i kick myself for it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
heres what i got so far
pistons
1.7 rocker arms1.7 rocker arms
gt40 heads
Edelbrock Performer-Link True Roller Timing Chain
rod,cam,main bearings
new fan mine cracked everywhere
and mayb a t-5 rebuil kit and a new cam if my lobs are messed up
lmk what you think

·
Registered
347 Posts
Call Probe Racing. They will hook you up with a nice set of pistons and rings at a great price and I had really good luck with their customer service..

Ask for Manny

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
now is the time to plan what you want to do with the car.....

boost... dished pistons

n/a....maybe some dome pistons to bump up the compression a lot or little deping on what u do with it..

nitrous...file fit the rings

just be sure to get fordged pistons

if you have the cash ross makes a nice set of fordged aluminum pistons

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks sean yeah i may do nitrous down the road. i dont see me doing boost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts