Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off early from work,brought the mustang in for oil change,fill the trans with fluid since its whining, but my mechanic was off went to start the car and wouldnt start,got a jump and on the way home ran over something i didnt see in the road and now has a damn flat, along with a lifter adjustment. So my questions are, what is the typical price for for a lifter adjustment? Also the other mechanic was saying since he will tearing stuff apart is to put the typhoon intake on. Would my stock setup work on the typhoon or should i just go ahead and get a new throttle body and MAF? What sizes do you guys recommend? Also tires for street under 200? So all in all new tires,battery,lifter adjustment,and oil change and trans work all dropped on me in one day.:mad: oh yea and new power steering pump

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
LAWL

whats a lifter adjustment?? :crazy

I happen to be selling a slightly ported typhoon intake....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry i was alittle mad when i was typing, he said a valve or rocker adjustment? i forgot haha,sorry bad day.What oil do you guys use in your car? And what about the throttle body and maf, what you guys suggest?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
rocker adjustment is easy. but are you sure you even have adjustable roller rockers?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe not adjust them but torque them back down to spec is what im thinkin

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
stock rockers aren't adjustable sooo **** that **** i'd try a little thicker oil or when you get time/money find the actually cause of the noise if it bothers you or just run the ****er these motors can take a beating.. lot of 87 and 88's had some valve train noise from factory

throttle body size I would match up with the opening of your intake.. typhoon **** is what 70mm I think so i'd go with a 70mm tb and mass air meter you should go as large as possible but make sure it's calibrated to whatever size injectors your using. If your ****'s stock the keep the stock injectors upgrading won't gain you **** but less power, less mpg from running richer.

Tires is matter of preference but different sizes are more and less money so figure out what purpose the tires will have and how much cash you want to toss at them

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the post ryan. the car is a 91 don't know if that matters at all. So your thinkin just run thicker oil and it be fine, or somewhat less noisy?. Im just worried that if i do let it go that something will go wrong knowing my luck and be even worse then what it actually is. Its a loud ticking noise coming from the back of the head. Maybe i'll just have him pull the valve cover off and see what it is. Also my car is starting as well but the crank volts were at 550, so either new time for a battery or you think the starter is drawing too much from the battery to crank over?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Pull the valve cover and inspect them. If you have a torque wrench, you can verify that they're all still torqued down properly. If the ticking is excessive it could be a couple of things. You could have a collapsed lifter, or what happened to me once, was the idiot who built my engine before I bought the car didn't tighten down the lifter hold-down enough and the bolt backed out after a couple months and rattled around like crazy. Sounded just like valvetrain in need of serious adjustment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have tuesday booked for me to go over some things including including the motor ****. I'll keep you guys updated when i know more. And since i still have the stock heads would the typhoon intake be a waste of time to put on?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
i have tuesday booked for me to go over some things including including the motor ****. I'll keep you guys updated when i know more. And since i still have the stock heads would the typhoon intake be a waste of time to put on?
no. A intake manifold is a good mod to do. you will notice power, but obviously the cylinder head will be the limiting factor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no. A intake manifold is a good mod to do. you will notice power, but obviously the cylinder head will be the limiting factor.
yea i started to think about that as well, and i know the nest thing im gonna say is always talked about, but i was thinking of doing a spring upgrade on the e7'z and put a trick flow stage 1, or if you have any other suggestions for a cam, and down the road put some gt40p heads on. the other question i have is if i do the spring upgrade on the e7's will i need to do RR's and if so 1.6-1.7? as far as the gt40p's what size and will the springs be ok for the cam?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anyone?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
I wouldn't put money toword a cam, the rockers, or GT40 heads.

just save up for some quality racing heads. I got my trickflow heads for $800.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got ya for the 800 for heads, but my plans were in the long run to either put on a 150 shot, or throw a turbo on with the gto40p heads and cam, will the heads hold up for either or?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
yea they will "hold up" just fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha ok maybe they wont "hold up".as of right now i know 800 isnt that much for trickflows, im just lookin to get into the upper 12's with some suspension work. I had the dough i would get em with a turbo(future plans) thanks for the advise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts