Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So an update,

Took the car to the shop today after messing around with it for far too long trying to figure it out myself. Narrowed it down to what I believed to be the ECU but my parents didn't believe me (I'm 20). Dropped it off around 9, got a call around 9:45, told me it was the ECU and it would cost around 445 for a new one, 120 something for a flash, and like 130 in labor, something around that, ended up being 750ish all together.

Anyways, I really don't feel like paying 450 for an ECU, anyone have any websites where I could get a cheaper one? Any ideas or suggestions help! Thank you guys

·
*VORTECH V3 INTERCOOLED*
218 Posts
My ECU & Superchip got burnt up this year. I went to Autozone, ordered a refurbished one for like....ummm $300ish. It was calibrated for my car by them before they shipped it. I went to my tuner and got another chip for $200 then I put it all in and drove off. I have the stupid PATS system disabled though so you may have to pay a little something to have the dealership or whoever calibrate your key for the New ECU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts