Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got around to tearing the heads off my mak engine and one off the heads has a redisg bronze tint too the cams and some parts of the head. is this a bad head? or can it be simpy polished off.. the cam caps look good.. no scarring.. i was trying to up load the pics but its to big :sorry

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I sooo thought that this was about a totally different subject:D
have you tried uploading the pics to photobucket or some other place so that you can put them up here as those would help out alot

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bwahahaha.. i thought the same thing when i but the title in but i was like.. **** it!
but i dont have a photo buckt account.. maybe i should make one??

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
don't use teeth when you're giving head

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
bwahahaha.. i thought the same thing when i but the title in but i was like.. **** it!
but i dont have a photo buckt account.. maybe i should make one??
yeah photobucket or any site that does picture uploading then when it loads just take the image link and paste it in here

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^ wtf?????? -1.. lol jk

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
All the girls I've been with have given good head.

O

You were talking about cars...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im so about too change the title!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:lol

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
check the journals on the head and check the cam itself for scoring or scratches if you lost oil pressure then there is a good chance it jacked up the head. Thats what happened to my heads and it lost pressure for only a minute or 2

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the cams and stuff are fine.. i just havnt seen heads turn bronze redish in color before so thats why i asked

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Lefty this thread need to be relocated to the brasspole section can you please do the honors hahahaha bad head their is no such thing

just messing with you Boost mine had that same look when i look in the inside when i took them off but the machine shop will clean them up for you and make them look new i think the do an acid bath if i not mistaken as long as there is no abnormal wearing to the cams or the valves you should be fine its just the color from the oil running through them.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
what part is that color? the actualy journals or is the shaft and inside of the head? does it look like this?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea doc its pretty close to that but a tad darker.. its on the shaft not the actual journals.. so yall think theyre good?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
that's just oil stain. The old couple that had it before me used some lower grade oil and it had some sludge. Dark oil stain is common in the aluminum heads with lower grade oils or a lot of miles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts