Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all first question I'm posting to Modded Mustangs, I'm sure I'm not the first with this question so here we go. Last week I got the dreaded "ENGINE needs service" Light So ran to Advanced in town and they scanned it and it came back as a P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected then went to a P0316 Engine Misfire Detected on Startup (First 1000 Revolutions).

So I put in new plugs Motorcraft Single Platinum Spark Plug Part No SP-493. Unplugged the battery and the light went away. So then it was still idling rough so I did the Mass airflow sensor spray cleaner first, and the throttle body cleaner and put in Seafoam too, but still running rough.

It has 125,000 on her so could it be the COPs need changing too? If so what are good but not TOO expensive replacement COPs?

Thanks, H

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
It's a possibility. When's the last time you filled up on gas? Or service the fuel filter or anything of that nature?

If you do elect to replace the COPs, stick with brand name Motorcraft ones. The aftermarket ones don't tend to be as reliable. You can save a lot compared to local dealers by going through sources like Autonation White Bear Lake Ford, Tasca Ford, or Fordparts.net. You can check rockauto but their price with shipping is always a crapshoot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts