Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(2004 GT with an o/r H)

i took a drive yesterday it was about, 82 degrees outside, so i had the a/c on. the trip was about 80+ miles or so, with a little traffic here and there. when i got to where i was going i left my car for about 10 minutes or so, and when i came back there was water running down the parking lot coming from under my car. so i looked under and it was coming from, i guess the headers (i couldn't tell exactly) but it was dripping off my passenger side mid pipe. and it was A LOT of fluid. i felt the texture and it seemed like water, it wasn't oil or coolant. so i took the ride back home this time with the a/c off the whole way back, when i got home there was nothing...idk if it was from my a/c being on or maybe whatever fluids were there are all gone so that's why it stopped or what...does anyone know what this could be from?

and also, i have a crack in my radiator and it was leaking so i added some of that Prestone stop leak in there and it stopped about 10 minutes later. could this be a factor as well? i need to know what to look for so i can see about fixing the issue. thanks guys...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Typical water condensation that drains out of the A/C system. Almost every car does it when the A/C runs and it's humid.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
If it's really just water, then it's from your A/C. Nothing to worry about. If it's leaking right onto your headers though you might want to build some sort of shield for it so it doesn't rust through them.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
its comming out of your weep hole in your fire wall. watch your coolant levels cause your heater core may be leaking. but it is normal for water to drip out of there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts