Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been gone working and had several parts to install when I got home. Tuned length ceramic headers bbk 78mm tb and penilum steeda underdrives aluminum ds team z double adj lowers steeda subframe connectors h&r race springs. I got my headers throttlebody driveshaft and underdrives on took my car out for a drive and my ac hose got on my header.......then tonight was going to install springs and lowers. Got my car jacked up one lower and spring off and the bolts wont go through the bushings on the lowers so I have to contact team z in the a.m. anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
they sent you the wrong year control arms. as for the ac line it says it in the directions to move it cause it will melt threw it making a mess under your hood.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It def made a mess. I was pissed at myself I have installed headers before I shoulda checked it. I knew exactly what it was when I heard the pssssssss sound and seen all the white smoke.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is it the wrong control arms or just the wrong bushings? Control arms seem to be right but wrong bushings. Doesn't really matter either way I gotta wait on parts..

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
they are the wrong size bushings. but they will probably send you new control arms.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fixed my ac a couple of days ago. The line was like 90 bucks new from ford and got the oil and freeon for 65 at autozone. Its like it was never broke :)

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Got my car jacked up one lower and spring off and the bolts wont go through the bushings on the lowers so I have to contact team z in the a.m. anyone else had this problem?
As in, you can't get the bolts out of the stock lowers while they're still on the car? Because they can be a pain to get out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I had no problem getting the bolts out. It was tight because of the exhaust it was the wrong bushings. They sent me fox bushings but I called them n got the right ones n got them in..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts