Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got all my money saved up to start dropping it into my v6 and when i took it to have a tune up at a buddy of mines shop he told me that he thinks something could be wrong with one of my lifters (THIS IS THE CLICKING NOISE THAT IVE BEEN HEARING FOREVER NOW AND COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS :[ ) but he said he could be wrong because he works mostly on 5.0s but i had like 5 different mechanics telling me the same thing............anybody know how much it will cost me to replace my lifters or anybody had the same problem......they told me its from running my car so hard :]

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Are you sure its not just an exhaust leak?

If you are, and its a lifter... time to cam the car:D

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep not an exhaust leak.....my whole engine shakes back and fourth......and most likely if im looking at more than 1000 then im just gonna say **** it and buy a gt.......but its on the drivers side and it sounds terrible.....whats gonna happen if i dont replace the lifters

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
yep not an exhaust leak.....my whole engine shakes back and fourth......and most likely if im looking at more than 1000 then im just gonna say **** it and buy a gt.......but its on the drivers side and it sounds terrible.....whats gonna happen if i dont replace the lifters
Yur gonna go out and spend more money on a new car rather than fix the problem?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
one stuck/bad lifter shouldnt be more than 500 my dad just had all the lifters replaced on his tahoe for 600

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can find a nice gt for the price plus if i just fix the problem whats to stop it from happening again? because im only gonna run the car the same as i did before

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
now would be a great time to just build the engine, new cam, lifters, etc. and then youll be faster and have stronger parts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but the problem is i need something that will get me to work
and i would do the work myself because the only half decent performance shop around here is slow as HELL

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah if you know how to do the work you could do it in a day or two of straight work

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
dude, just do whats easier for you, and if thats getting a GT then go with it, i just wouldnt suggest mentioning anything about a GT in the v6 forums, go to the modular mustang forums and ask them from advice

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea v6 guys get a lil angry about these things lol but getting a gt is easier but i would love to mod my v6 some more but its just my engine has a lil over 64k on it and my tranny is starting to show wear (im guessing my tranny) but i would much rather have a v8

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yea v6 guys get a lil angry about these things lol but getting a gt is easier but i would love to mod my v6 some more but its just my engine has a lil over 64k on it and my tranny is starting to show wear (im guessing my tranny) but i would much rather have a v8

a lifter at 64k seems fishy, I beat the hell outta my stang and never had a problem, you ever change your spark plugs? spark knock sounds close to a lifter

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
i hear ya bro lol v8s are pretty fun, i mean i dont have anything against v6s and im not sayin v8s are better, but i own both a v6 and a v8 and my v8 is just way more fun to drive...but yeah alls ur gonna find in the 6er forums is v8 hate which i guess is understandable to a point, but i think all nice cars should be appreciated regardless of their engine, make, model and so on...im gonna mod out my v6 but im not gonna spend near as much money on it as my v8 (mostly because my v8 is a classic and the value will keep going up) but yeah if u got a chance to get a GT id go for it, but its all personal preference, lots of people would rather have a v6, so good for them, but dont let people talk you out of doing somethin u wanna do

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just had a tune up with new plugs and wires......i was going to go with msd 8.8s but they tried to get me to pay like 450$ for plugs and wires so i just got some oem one

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks machone i agree v8s are way more fun to drive my dad has a 96 thunderbird lx with a 4.6 and its pretty quick but i also got a 69 gt fastback in my backyard shed waiting to be restored :]

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ive got all the pieces i got the original motor and a NEVER BEEN DRIVIN 0 miles on it painted blue block and heads it just needs more body work than anything most of its rusted out :[

1 - 20 of 29 Posts