Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Columbus and no longer have room or the tools to work on my car myself. She just got broken into, and that was expensive. Ass stole my programmer. But now the rear end is blown up. The guy at the shop says everything needs to be replaced. Even the housing got dented. The only salvagable thing is the axles. So what should I do? He quoted me $1800 for the whole job. To me that is ridiculous. Any suggestions are more than welcome. Keep in mind i have no crazy power goals. Ill be at 400 by summer, and then wont really go any further. Thank you guys for reading, reps for those that help me out!

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
How did it get blown up? Sorry to hear it man!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be fine with that. But the classified are dry and craigslist is rarely helpful.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year rear ends bolt up? Just 99-04?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anythign from 79-04 will bolt up but the rear ends are different lengths. If you go with a 79-98 you will have to run spacers for the wheels to be in the right spot
This just sucks cause I was really hoping to throw 373s in there when it blew up, it just blew up a little more than expected. Those gears would be perfect for the sc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As little as possible, but where I live now I no longer have the space or tools to do the job myself. I'll be payin for this one. But in reality, I really cant spend over a grand. I will if i have to, but I really can't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts