Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am I to believe that I am the only one that feels this way? Damn must be one of the few working men in here. I mean come on people all these things do is blow air...the kits squirt fuel at the same time.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
apperently you need to do some research on forced induction my man... and no i work every day

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I have built, rebuilt and repaired more turbos, superchargers, and blowers probably than some on this site have even seen with there eyes.

Also, I was not attacking you mpboy, not to be offended.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
oh im not offended bro, S/C are really expensive, but i guess the whole "u have to pay to play" **** holds true

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think that these kits are just marked up 400% and more...I actually know this because I worked for a company that bout them and saw the actual prices....bull ****.....most of the time no one can usually get away with that for that long...why should they? We should be more like a union here guy support each other not the man.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
its just like headers... if you had a tube bender, a weld gun, and a little know how u could build ur own for dirt cheap... i think warparty builds his own.. but if there is a demand for them than ur going to pay, me personaly i have know exp. with S/C, i use to have a turbo eclipse, but never took the time to learn about them

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well I think that these kits are just marked up 400% and more...I actually know this because I worked for a company that bout them and saw the actual prices....bull ****.....most of the time no one can usually get away with that for that long...why should they? We should be more like a union here guy support each other not the man.
Sure once you establish a product, the parts list for the company is pretty cheap...there is a heck of a lot more involved than just building a fan to induce air into the motor...there are 2 main factors into why they cost what they do; 1. R&D 2. supply and demand.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your funny R&D, that is a been there and done that thing, we are fare from close to being in the F/I engines. AND for supply and demand is what I was talking about these things are not exactly flying off the shelfs at $4500 and on up, people and loyal customers have to save up all the money they have and add in tax returns and **** like that to come close to getting one nowa days. You know I am correct..

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
they arent over priced, they are just like any other good you can buy now a days, only difference is the cost of living has went up, people make more money, so of course prices of goods went up...35 years ago you could buy a brand new car for 3,000 bucks...now ud be lucky to buy a brand new car for under 18,000...that sounds like the rip off to me...but hey, its life...u want power ur gonna pay for it...plus if they were cheap everyone would have them and they wouldnt be a very special mod anymore

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
am I to believe that I am the only one that feels this way? Damn must be one of the few working men in here. I mean come on people all these things do is blow air...the kits squirt fuel at the same time.
No, I have built, rebuilt and repaired more turbos, superchargers, and blowers probably than some on this site have even seen with there eyes.

Also, I was not attacking you mpboy, not to be offended.
Your funny R&D, that is a been there and done that thing, we are fare from close to being in the F/I engines. AND for supply and demand is what I was talking about these things are not exactly flying off the shelfs at $4500 and on up, people and loyal customers have to save up all the money they have and add in tax returns and **** like that to come close to getting one nowa days. You know I am correct..

Please stop posting in this section. You are full of **** and we do not need this type of **** in here. You can make yourself look like a total ass in all the other forums (several links below for your reading enjoyment), but Modded Mustangs is a place for you to spread your 14 year old bullshit.

These links will show how much "experience" our boy has with working on cars.

http://mustangforums.com/m_3190356/tm.htm

Hey H & X pipe guys

Whabble and kind of rough idle

CAI

SCT tuner

·
Registered
682 Posts
Nice investigative reporting. What do you have on the rest of us? lol

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Nice investigative reporting. What do you have on the rest of us? lol
I don't have anything on you. However, I do think that light should be shed on exactly who this information is coming from. I look into alot of people that post things of this nature on here. Some of them are honest, some of them exxagerate a little, and some (as in this thread) just make totally false claims. Those people making false claims should be put in check.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't have anything on you. However, I do think that light should be shed on exactly who this information is coming from. I look into alot of people that post things of this nature on here. Some of them are honest, some of them exxagerate a little, and some (as in this thread) just make totally false claims. Those people making false claims should be put in check.
+1
The deal is, we all make mistakes by regurgitating someone elses falicies. It happens to all of us. But that's an honest mistake. But to just out & out spout off BS, then I also have a problem with that. I think we have all made statements that we thought were accurate that turned out to be false and I can accept that as long as the guy is man enough to own up to it. If you don't know, then shut the "F" up. I tell my wife all the time, "If you're wrong, then stop arguing about" It's called submit and comply...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts