Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting a little vibration not to long after having my 4r built and changing gears from 4.10 to 3.73. I let It go for a while but it got worse and then back to very little vibration. So last night I put it on a lift and found my trans mount was completely gone and it actually caused my mid pipe to come loose from being pushed on by the trans. I replaced the mount and fixed the mid pipe, but now the vibration is worse, prolly cause the mount is fixed and I can feel whatever us wrong, loose, broke or whatever. I did check the u joints but they looked fine. Any ideas what going on that could be taking out my mount vibrating bad under acceleration and deceleration at all speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are good, too. I actually originally thought that was the problem. Ordered some upr solid mounts and they just showed up an hour ago. I was going to start on it last night but seen they are good.

Could it be my driveshaft is wobbling or something like that. I'd hate to take it to a driveline shop

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Those are good, too. I actually originally thought that was the problem. Ordered some upr solid mounts and they just showed up an hour ago. I was going to start on it last night but seen they are good.

Could it be my driveshaft is wobbling or something like that. I'd hate to take it to a driveline shop

I was actually going to say that but i figured it would be hitting something. Id check the driveshaft just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got some time to look at my car further. Driveshaft looks fine balancer still on it u-joints look good.

I am however getting a little play in my rear wheels when moving them around. I can push in and out on wheels until c-clip catches but passenger side will screech a little. Also wobbles, more on passenger side though.

Please help!!!!
Do I need to change bearings if so can anybody tell me how to get bearings out do I need a special tool?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts