Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday was a big day for me.. The last couple of months of youtube videos and forum reading about the new 5.0 finaly drove me to the ford dealer. I traded my beloved mach 1 for a brand spanking new white premium package 5.0 6 speed manual. How do I feel??well.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I will post some pics as soon as the sun comes out.

·
Weekend Warrior
120 Posts
Wait till you get a cai and tune. Even though it seems that you had that Mach 1 flying pretty fast too.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a complete eaton swap that i was going to put on the mach1... i will take pics and put it up for sale and with that money i will get a cold air setup with a tune and full exhaust. probably a nx setup as well. i also need some springs and rear suspenssion parts like lca and the lca relocation kit with a new panhard bar... got to start from scrath again :D but i dont care!

im very happy because this is the first car that i had with 0 miles.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Congrats man and welcome to the club! I know how you feel, because I did the same exact thing, searching and reading forums and trading in my mach. lol.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im telling you man.. this thing is so refined.. it rides so smooth and the tranny feels like butter. just like my buddys s2000. i have not steped on it real hard yet but you can feel how good this new 5.0 breaths. cant wait to get 500 miles on it or so to open her up all the way. im verry happy.

i love your grill and bumper insert with the fog lights on your stang swervo. and thats my fav color too but hell it was to expensive for me lol.. where can i get that for mine?.. i think it will look killer on me with the white and black thing you know.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
this kinda pisses me off that someone would even consider trading a beautiful mach 1 for an ugly 2011.

but then again, the 2011 does have that 5.0 in it so its not so bad i guess.

if it were me, i would've kept the mach and did the eaton swap. you'd be in 5.0 territory with that eaton.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this kinda pisses me off that someone would even consider trading a beautiful mach 1 for an ugly 2011.

if it were me, i would've kept the mach and did the eaton swap. you'd be in 5.0 territory with that eaton.
you are right but the new 5.0s run 10s with 125 shot of nitrous. plus come with a 3link suspenssion from factory and it smells new :eek:

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
im telling you man.. this thing is so refined.. it rides so smooth and the tranny feels like butter. just like my buddys s2000. i have not steped on it real hard yet but you can feel how good this new 5.0 breaths. cant wait to get 500 miles on it or so to open her up all the way. im verry happy.

i love your grill and bumper insert with the fog lights on your stang swervo. and thats my fav color too but hell it was to expensive for me lol.. where can i get that for mine?.. i think it will look killer on me with the white and black thing you know.
You can get it from your local for dealership, latemodelrestoration, or newfordparts.com

·
Registered
577 Posts
Great looking car, congrats!

·
Registered
151 Posts
i know for a fact, u can out run a eaton mach with 100 shot, cai, of x pipe, and catback... i know a guy whos done it multiple times. :)

so dont feel to bad.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts

Build date? That transmission, gahh.... I should make a video... It sounds like a twin screw.

Congrats though.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Are you serious? An Eaton Mach over a new 5.0? The only reason I didn't keep my 5.0 when I bought it last year was because the dealer couldn't get my clutch right. Then I decided to build this Cobra to an 800+ RWHP beast. But a Eaton Mach 1? :no

Congrats on the buy, you will enjoy that thing. Maybe I'll drive down to Miami one of these days...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
i know for a fact, u can out run a eaton mach with 100 shot, cai, of x pipe, and catback... i know a guy whos done it multiple times. :)

so dont feel to bad.
Let me drive that 5.0 without the shot and I'll give the Eaton Mach a run for his life.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
build date is 11/10.
I was reading about the clutch problems and I heard that ford was going to replace the entire clutch assembly and that should eliminates all the gear grinding and crap. I wont do anything to the car until I get the issue fixed but I havnt had an issue yet. Maybe just because I have not raced it yet. Is nice to drive around without the noise of the exhaust or stiff ride of lowering springs lol.

·
2012 Shelby GT500
71 Posts
Congrats! Just wait till you get a custom tune, CAI, and exhaust installed. I love the sound of my Magnaflow comp. cat back.... Again congrats on the new purchase

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
you are right but the new 5.0s run 10s with 125 shot of nitrous. plus come with a 3link suspenssion from factory and it smells new :eek:
the new smell alone makes it worth it :D

haha seriously though, looks good! have fun modding! it's always exciting to start fresh

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Looks great! Congrats. Do I need to say that I love the color?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts