Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am fn lost here. i have a smoking issue that i am trying to fix with a pi head and intake swap. kill 2 birds type of thing.

what just threw me off was a message on FB that says it is def my lower intake gasket. that a pi head and intake swap wont fix **** if it is my lower intake.

is there a complete other intake and gasket below the intake that you typically swap on npi to pi's.

he said that if it is my lower intake gasket that it is not worth fixing and to swap motors :( true?

i did'nt know i had another fn intake rthat could be cracked or have a blown gasket, lol. this true?

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
you have one "intake" on your car. some people refer to the upper plenum as the upper intake. If you were to swap heads and intake to pi you will have to replace those gaskets when you do the swap. IDK what he is talking about. Your plan sounds like a good idea. Gain HP and fix a problem at the same time. If you did not want to change the heads you could just grab new gaskets for the intake, get a pi intake and cams and get 40 hp in stead of 50 with a lot less work.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this makes me happy again :)

this **** is got me on a ****in roller coaster of confusing emotional crying and laughing and a little bit of violence...i think..idk?

thanks for clearing that **** up fellas :)

edit: rep'd fellas. if anyone cares about that :dunno

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Jgib is correct. Upper intake gasket usually refers to gasket between tb and intake. Lower intake gasket is between intake and heads. And yes, you will use all new gaskets with a pi intake swap

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
this makes me happy again :)

this **** is got me on a ****in roller coaster of confusing emotional crying and laughing and a little bit of violence...i think..idk?

thanks for clearing that **** up fellas :)

edit: rep'd fellas. if anyone cares about that :dunno
its all good man, your on the right track with what your doing. I wouldnt take things people say on FB to seriously. They probably dont know much about what they are talking about. The guys on here are pretty good with giving advice on our cars since they have them to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts