Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I am convinced to go with a tuner and cold air, which tuner would be the best choice. I am thinking SCT over Diablo, but I honestly know alot about these new gadgets. I guess I'm getting old. (HA HA) I have read good things about Brenspped and Bama tunes. Looking for good customer service, trouble free tuning and the best tune for the buck. Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Now that I am convinced to go with a tuner and cold air, which tuner would be the best choice. I am thinking SCT over Diablo, but I honestly know alot about these new gadgets. I guess I'm getting old. (HA HA) I have read good things about Brenspped and Bama tunes. Looking for good customer service, trouble free tuning and the best tune for the buck. Thanks
I would actually like to know the answer to this as well.... I want to get one eventually. Welcome by the way. I will be moving to NC this fall. Saw your from there. Not stalking I swear...lol...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey how are you liking the American Thunders?
Pre-welcome to NC. Nice place to live. Been here all my life. Take it by your name you are a fireman. I spent 15 yrs in my local dept. To answer your question I like the American Thunders pretty good. Thay have a good tone without being raspy or overly loud. great sound 3k and up. I don't drive my Mustang very much. Mostly weekends when the weather is good and go to to the cruise ins in the area. I notice that the sound got better/louder after a couple hundred miles of driving. The fit was good.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pre-welcome to NC. Nice place to live. Been here all my life. Take it by your name you are a fireman. I spent 15 yrs in my local dept. To answer your question I like the American Thunders pretty good. Thay have a good tone without being raspy or overly loud. great sound 3k and up. I don't drive my Mustang very much. Mostly weekends when the weather is good and go to to the cruise ins in the area. I notice that the sound got better/louder after a couple hundred miles of driving. The fit was good.
I would like to get those when I do my exhaust. I will just do little upgrades here and there. Yes I am a Air Force firefighter. I am an Instructor at the DOD Fire Academy right now. Bought to finish my 4 years here then off to Burlington in Aug to be a AF recruiter.

Yeah I want to do C&L intake and tuner and BBK LTH and Catted X-pipe with American Thunder axle back, Short Shifter, BMR lowering kit with D-Spec Shocks, new wheels (18x9 and 18x10) Cam swap and tune. Just to name a few. Long time to complete this though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too and getting ready to buy the CAI and tuner. I have pretty much decided on Bama from AM. Because it will be a good long while before I will have a need for any super duper custom work, I like the idea of free custom tunes they offer as I add things that require a change in the tune. Can't go wrong. My thought is if and when we get to the point where evry last ounce of power is required, we can decide at THAT point if the Bama tunes for life aren't cutting it. If they are awesome, they are already paid for. If not, I'll be happy up until that point and then still be happy to pay to get a little more out of it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I too and getting ready to buy the CAI and tuner. I have pretty much decided on Bama from AM. Because it will be a good long while before I will have a need for any super duper custom work, I like the idea of free custom tunes they offer as I add things that require a change in the tune. Can't go wrong. My thought is if and when we get to the point where evry last ounce of power is required, we can decide at THAT point if the Bama tunes for life aren't cutting it. If they are awesome, they are already paid for. If not, I'll be happy up until that point and then still be happy to pay to get a little more out of it.
I have already done 2 orders from AM in just the 2 weeks that I have owned the car. Happy with them so far. Shipped same day. Awesome. Thursday hopefully short shifter. I do like the idea of free tunes for life. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have a C&L racer intake and the three BAMA tunes and love them.

Nasty is gonna come in here and say VMP tuning, I'll bet money on it lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a C&L racer intake and the three BAMA tunes and love them.

Nasty is gonna come in here and say VMP tuning, I'll bet money on it lol
Did you notice a big difference or did you already have the 4.10s?

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Get your tuner and intake combo from American Muscle. I have JLT intake and the SCT when I first started modding my car these along with O/R H pipe and axle backs were the first things I did. You really notice it. Great customer service. AM does Bama tunes. I would recommend it. They also give you free tunes for life. Check it out...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
LOL! Nasty is definitely going to preach you on VMP tuning!! HAhaha... Honestly, right now, on just a CAI, there is no need on a VMP tune. It'll be a waste. I'd understand if you were s/c or turbo'd...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Did you notice a big difference or did you already have the 4.10s?
The 4.10s went in a day after the tuner and intake but I did take it for a run on the way to the shop. It's a HUGE performance increase for only spending 600$ I highly recommend it. Better mpg too and I have the gears and am still getting better mpg then stock.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The 4.10s went in a day after the tuner and intake but I did take it for a run on the way to the shop. It's a HUGE performance increase for only spending 600$ I highly recommend it. Better mpg too and I have the gears and am still getting better mpg then stock.
Better MPG? Did you use the 91 Race Tune?

·
Registered
225 Posts
First off get the sct, almost all tuners use sct. Second I would get involved with BAMAs free tunes for life. If you ever do anything to your car like gears, all you have to do is call and they'll retune it free. I've had to call them a couple of times and the customer service is Awsome!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You can have American Muscle adjust the Race tune so throttle is less aggressive. The race tune I had from bama was awesome but the throttle was a little sensitive. When Bama merged with American Muscle and Chris Rose joined, they offered an updated race tune. This tune pulled just as hard as the original race tune without the sensitive throttle.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have tunes from American Muscle, a dyno tune from Dantes Modular Performance (DMP) and a tune from Amazon tuning solutions (ATS). ATS tune, AM race and DMP race all perform equally at the track and as a d/d, but for some reason I have been using the ATS tune the most often.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
I recently got 3 custom SCT tunes from Brenspeed... outstanding customer service, their tech even called after I placed the order and gave them all my upgrades ensuring that I would have the perfect tune, and reverifying everything was correct. They also put in a tune for my cams when I finally get to install them!

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
BlowByRacing?

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I went with a JLT combo and the SCT dont regret it at all, i think just about every place has a good tune for CAI's just look for further down the road... and who can help you out then! hope that helps!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts